- Screening guidelines for colorectal cancer and polyps in patients with acromegaly. Jenkins, P.J.; Fairclough, P.D. // Gut;Oct2002 Supplement 5, Vol. 51 Issue 4, pV13
Presents the screening guidelines for colorectal cancer and polyps in patients with acromegaly. Prevalence and incidence; Intervention; Costs and benefits; Recommendations for audit.
- Guidelines for colonoscopic screening in acromegaly are inconsistent with those for other high risk groups. Renehan, A.G.; O'Dwyer, S.T.; Shalet, S.M.; Jenkins, P.J.; Fairclough, P.D. // Gut;Jul2003, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1071
Presents a letter to the editor published in the July 2003 issue of 'Gut' journal concerning the inconsistency of guidelines for colonoscopic screening in acromegaly with those for other high risk groups.
- Consensus on criteria for cure of acromegaly published. // Endocrine Today;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p24
The article reports that the Acromegaly Consensus Group reviewed the criteria for acromegaly treatment and updated its guidelines on the management of acromegaly.
- Screening Options for Colorectal Cancer. Ganitas, Theodore G.; Young, Herbert F. // American Family Physician;6/1/1999, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p2979
Editorials. Focuses on a guideline on screening for colorectal cancer established by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Importance of the guideline; Clinical options for screening colorectal cancer in practice; Drawbacks of the options for colorectal cancer screening.
- What to do now to screen for colorectal cancer. Glaser, Vicki; Early, Dayna S.; Fletcher, Robert; Rodney, W.M. MacMillan // Patient Care;6/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p206
Focuses on issues pertaining to screening for colorectal cancer. Characteristics of colorectal cancer which make it an excellent target for systematic screening; Information on the American Cancer Society (ACS) guidelines regarding screening for colorectal cancer; When should screening for...
- Colorectal Cancer: Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment. Harper, Michael B. // Modern Medicine;Sep99, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p59
Presents information about the screening, diagnosis, and treatment of colorectal cancer. Death cases of colorectal cancer in the United States; Compliance with screening guidelines for flexible sigmoidoscopy; Medicare reimbursement for colorectal screening tests; Different treatment options;...
- Experts call for action to prevent colon cancer deaths by spurring screening awareness. Steimle, Sabine // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;03/19/97, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p415
Reports on the development of guidelines for colorectal cancer screening in the United States. Availability of screening options; Criticisms on the guidelines; Benefits of the annual or bi-annual fetal occult blood test. INSET: Colorectal cancer incidence..
- ACS updates guidelines on screening for colorectal cancer. Morey, Sharon Scott // American Family Physician;11/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p1887
Provides guidelines for the screening for colorectal polyps and cancer developed by the American Cancer Society Detection and Treatment Advisory Group on Colorectal Cancer. Development of the guidelines; Summary of the guidelines; Rationale for sigmoidoscopy every five years.
- Guidelines for screening and surveillance of asymptomatic colorectal cancer in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Eaden, J.A.; Mayberry, J.F. // Gut;Oct2002 Supplement 5, Vol. 51 Issue 4, pV10
Provides guidelines for screening and surveillance of asymptomatic colorectal cancer in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Epidemiology of colorectal cancer; Intervention; Cost and benefits; Recommendations for audit.
- Colorectal Cancer Guidance Is Self-Serving. Meyer, George W // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2009, Vol. 104 Issue 10, p2626
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) Guidelines for Colorectal Cancer Screening 2008.