- The Diagnosis of Hypertonic Oddi's Sphincter Dyskinesia. Varró, V.; Döbrönte, Z.; Hajnal, F.; Csernay, L.; Nemessányi, Z.; Láng, J.; Nárai, G.; Szabó, E. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1983, Vol. 78 Issue 11, p736
The diagnostic possibility of hypertonic Oddi's sphincter dysfunction was evaluated in 100 cholecystectomized and 28 noncholecystectomized patients. An organic lesion interfering with free bile flow was ruled out in every case. The existence of the syndrome, i.e., the dysfunction of the Oddi's...
- HIDA IMAGING IN POSTCHOLECYSTECTOMY SYNDROME -- CLINICAL VALUE OR ROMANCING THE STONE? Ruffolo, Thomas A.; Lehman, Glen A.; Johnson, David A.; Cattau, Edward L. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug1991, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p1092
The authors evaluated 20 patients with recurrent or persistent biliary-type pain who had undergone prior cholecystectomy and had no evidence of recurrent stones, tumor, or chronic pancreatitis by ERCP. These patients were studied by hepatobiliary scintigraphy (HIDA) and compared to 18...
- ROLE OF HEPATOBILIARY SCINTIGRAPHY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SPHINCTER OF ODDI DYSFUNCTION. Seward, E.W.; Guinane, M.J.; Khela, M.K.; Yazaki, E.; Evans, D.F.; Ainley, C.A. // Gut;Apr2003 Supplement 1, Vol. 52, pA85
Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) is a cause of postcholecystectomy pain. Current gold-standard diagnosis is by measurement of basal pressure by sphincter of Oddi manometry (SOM), and if elevated an endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) is performed. Both these procedures carry significant...
- Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. Bhattacharya, Satya // Pulse;Feb2016, p63
The article discusses the sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, a clinical syndrome of pain, biochemical abnormalities and duct dilatation caused by the abnormality of the sphincter of Oddi. Topics discussed include the clinical types of SOD such as biliary-type SOD and pancreatic-type SOD as well as...
- Cholecystokinin-Stimulated Mebrofenin (99mTc-Choletec) Hepatobiliary Scintigraphy in Asymptomatic Postcholecystectomy Individuals: Assessment of Specificity, Interobserver Reliability, and Reproducibility. Pineau, Benoit C.; Knapple, Whit L.; Spicer, K. M.; Gordon, L.; Wallace, M.; Hennessy, Winnie S.; Hawes, Robert H.; Cotton, Peter B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov2001, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p3106
OBJECTIVES: Cholecystokinin-stimulated hepatobiliary scintigraphy (CCK-HBS) is a noninvasive method reported to be highly accurate in the diagnosis of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. Our primary aim was to assess the specificity of CCK-HBS by evaluating its ability to exclude disease in 20...
- Role of sphincter of Oddi dysfunction in formation of biliary calculi. SU Yang; WU Shuodong; TIAN Yu // Journal of Clinical Hepatology / Linchuang Gandanbing Zazhi;dec2013, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p959
Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction plays an important role in the development and progression of biliary and pancreatic diseases. Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction can be classified into two categories : anatomical abnormality and functional disorder. Studies have found that sphincter of Oddi dysfunction...
- Response to Dr. Rolny. Goff, John S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1997, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p2134
Presents a response by John S. Goff to a letter to the editor about his article ""Common Bile Duct Sphincter of Oddi Stenting in Patients With Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction," in the 1995 issue.
- Re: Is Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stenting Useful in Patients With Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction? Cotton, Peter B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr1998, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p663
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Common Bile Duct Sphincter of Oddi Stenting in Patients With Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction," by J. S. Goff in a 1995 issue.
- Is Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stenting Useful in Patients with Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction? Rolny, Peter // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Nov1997, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p2133
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "Common Bile Duct Sphincter of Oddi Stenting in Patients With Suspected Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction," by John S. Goff in the 1995 issue.
- The morphine-prostigmine provocation (Nardi) test for sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: results in healthy volunteers and in patients before and after transduodenal sphincteroplasty and transampullary septectomy. Lobo, D.N.; Takhar, A. S.; Thaper, A.; Dube, M. G.; Rowlancis, B. J. // Gut;Oct2007, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p1472
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, which appeared in the previous issue.