Unexpected Good News
- National Steel bankruptcy leaves local firms owed $40 million-plus. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;6/3/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p45
Reports the impact of the National Steel Corp. bankruptcy on local companies in the U.S. Tal debt of the company; List of creditors; Impact of debt on the finances of DTE Energy Co.
- Report doesn't heal pain of plant deaths. // Crain's Detroit Business;01/12/98, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Reports that state regulators has cleared National Steel Corporation of responsibility in a double fatality at the company's Great Lake Steel's Zug Island plant in River Rouge. Details on the accident; Reasons action was taken against the firm.
- New Steel line. Wilson, Tonja // Crain's Detroit Business;10/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p21
Reports that the National Steel Corp.'s Great Lakes division has launched a $150 million galvanizing project in Ecorse, Michigan.
- National Steel won't pay tax bill. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;10/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p2
Reports the refusal of the bankrupt National Steel Corp. to pay for the tax bill in Michigan.
- Wake-up call for work safety. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/08/97, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p8
Opinion. States that they have been four work related death at the National Steel Corporation's Great Lakes Steel plant in Encorse, Michigan. Discussion on the number of work related deaths recorded by Michigan in 1996; Examination of the investigation being carried out by State Safety;...
- GDP up. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p16
Reports on Philippines-based National Steel Corp.'s posting of a loss of $4.8 million for the first nine months of 1996.
- RACE FOR NATIONAL STILL OPEN, BUT DEADLINE NEARS. // Metal Producing & Processing;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the selection of buyer for National Steel by a bankruptcy court in the U.S. Satisfaction of creditors and union leaders; Assessment of the bidding standards; Acquisition of operating assets to the winning bid.
- National Steel Corp. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p35
Presents a corporate profile of the National Steel Corp. Value of the company; Stock price of the company; Profile of the company's board of directors; Executive compensation.
- Steel mill, cities reach pact. // Crain's Detroit Business;09/01/97, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p17
Reports that a tentative settlement was reached by National Steel Corporation over the tax assessment of its subsidiary Great Lakes Steel plant. Description on the settlement; Statistics on tax-refund claims; Details on the issue.