Chico's New Chapter
- STICK TO THE FACTS. Scott, Mark // Smart Business Chicago;Aug2011, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the suggestion of Ray Werner, managing partner at Arnstein & Lehr LLP, on making the right decision and an adult conversation in resolving disagreements. Werner advises that one should confront issues in a calm, intelligent and fact-oriented way. He notes the importance of...
- Gery J. Chico, 37. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/27/93, Vol. 16 Issue 39, 40 Under Forty p27
Profiles Gery J. Chico, chief of staff of the city of Chicago, Illinois. Professional accomplishments; Personal comments on his work.
- School boss, legal rainmaker: Can Chico make the grade? Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/19/95, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the challenges facing Gery Chico as head of Chicago, Illinois' school board and as part of the Sidley & Austin law firm. Job description; Career history; Plans as president of the Chicago School Board.
- The Tax Man muscles up: More audits loom. MURPHY, H. LEE // Crain's Chicago Business;10/3/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 40, p0033
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has been granted of the allocations of new personnel for taxpayer audits. It mentions the budget allocation of the agency as well as its returns on investment. According to Robert McKenzie, a partner at law firm Arnstein & Lehr LLP...
- Chico holds town hall at Center on Halsted. Maxwell, Carrie // Windy City Times;12/22/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 12, Special section p1
The article provides information on the LGBT agenda laid out by Chicago, Illinois mayoral candidate Gery Chico at a forum held at the Center on Halsted's Hoover-Leppen theater on December 19, 2010.
- What to Expect From an IRS Audit. Williams, Geoff // U.S. News Digital Weekly;5/16/2014, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p24
The article focuses on tax audits by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in 2014, and states that less than 1 percent of individuals' returns were audited in 2013, and even more less audits are expected in 2014 due to budget cuts. It discusses the audit process as suggested by Robert McKenzie, a...
- CHICO TAKES THE INSIDE TRACK. HINZ, GREG // Crain's Chicago Business;1/31/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the nomination of Gery Chico for the post of Mayor in Chcago, illinois. Chico vows to use his insider's knowledge to consolidate funds if he was elected mayor. It is stated that many are questioning his candidature as they feel that Chico has used the system to become rich...
- Gery Chico announces LGBT platform, pushes for civil unions. ERBENTRAUT, JOSEPH // Windy City Times;12/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on Chicago, Illinois mayoral candidate Gery Chico's announcement of his support for full marriage equality and the extension of domestic-partner benefits for employees contracted to work with the city.
- Chico takes top spot at Altheimer. Corfman, Thomas A. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/10/99, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p3
Reports that Chicago Board of Education President Gery Chico is taking on the top management position at Chicago, Illinois, law firm Altheimer & Gray. Co-chairmen chosen with Chico; Chico's rapid succession at the firm; Government practice of the firm started by Chico and Roland Acosta.