Closed-End Fund Leverage Might Stay Put, Lipper Says
- CLOSED END LOAN PARTICIPATION FUND PERFORMANCE. // Bank Loan Report;8/1/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p8
Presents a table depicting the ranking of closed-end loan participation fund based on performance from December 31, 2004 to July 27, 2005.
- Closed-End Funds Raise Awareness. Glover, Hannah // Money Management Executive;11/6/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the closed-end funds that do not continuously offer their shares for sale. According to John P. Calmos, older than their more popular open-ended counterparts, closed-end funds are also less understood. ICI statistics showed that 3.3 million of all households own closed-end...
- Liberty Launches New Loan Fund. Shaw, Joy C. // Bank Loan Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3
Announces that Liberty Funds Distributor Inc. has launched the loan fund called Stein Roe Advisor Floating Rate Advantage Fund. Purpose of the loan fund; Structure of Advantage; Other fund launched by Liberty Funds.
- Correction. // Money Management Executive;5/19/2008, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p10
Corrections to the 2008 Mutual Fund Service Guide are presented which include Under Boston Financial Data Services, the number of shareholder accounts added or lost in 2007 and the number of closed-end U.S. mutual fund shareholder accounts, which was published in the previous issue.
- Chinese Managers Blueprint Ways To Tap Maturing Closed End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/10/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the effort of fund companies in China to retain the maturing closed-end mutual funds or channel them into their other offerings. Total assets under management for all closed-end funds, according to the China Galaxy Fund Research Center; Plans of China Asset Management for the...
- CLOSED END LOAN PARTICIPATION FUND PERFORMANCE. // Bank Loan Report;7/25/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p6
Presents a chart depicting the performance of closed-end funds in the U.S. as of July 20, 2005.
- Open up to closed trusts. // Money Marketing;7/5/2007, p51
The article focuses on the advantages of investment trusts and close-ended funds to investors in Great Britain. The author emphasizes that close-ended funds are cheaper to run and enjoys lower management charges. However, many investors are reluctant to invest in close-ended funds due to the...
- Vintage Guitar Mutual Fund Launched. // Music Trades;Sep2008, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p16
The article announces that Anchorage Capital Partners will be introducing a closed-end fund that will make investments in the vintage and rare guitar market. The fund will be worth $100 million and will be listed on the Channel Island Stock Exchange. The fund will permit investors to borrow the...
- Standard picks F&C chief to push closed end funds. // Money Marketing;6/1/2006, p30
The article points out that Standard Life Investments is strengthening its closed-end fund business with the appointment of Gordon Humphries as head of investment firms. Humphries was head of investment trusts at F&C Asset Management. Humphries is tasked with leading and developing Standard Life...