Congressman's Bill Could Boost State Bonding for Highway Projects
- Burgess takes another crack at tort reform bill. McCarthy, Mark // Medical Device Daily;3/4/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p9
The article reports on the plan of Representative Michael Burgess of Texas to reintroduce the Medical Justice Act (H.R. 896) which was designed to address medical malpractice.
- Travel watchdog one step closer. // Professional Engineering;12/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the proposed legislative bill that would create a regulatory body which will oversee the safety of any type of transportation in Great Britain.
- Few file transportation filings, arguments. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the limited number of responses and comments on Proposition 100 and Proposition 400, proposed transportation legislation in Arizona. Provisions of the legislative proposals; Deadline to file arguments.
- US inches towards RoHS-style rules. // Electronics Weekly;7/15/2009, Issue 2392, p3
The article reports that the U.S. government is planning to adopt its own Restriction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS) rules. It is related to the use of hazardous substances like mercury, lead and cadmium in electronic products. The aim of the Environmental Design of Electrical Equipment (EDEE)...
- Burgess inks doc fix extension bill, but offsets not spelled out. Mccarty, Mark // Medical Device Daily;7/24/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 142, p1
The article focuses on a bill drafted by Republican Representative Michael Burgess of Texas to overwrite the cuts to Medicare Part B physician payment for an additional year. The bill would give lawmakers until December 2013 to create a permanent method for dealing with the sustainable growth...
- Physician/Congressman Takes on Medicare Reimbursement. Johnson, Carrie // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the sponsorship of a bill by U.S. Representative Michael Burgess, MD, as of March 2014, that will replace the Sustained Growth Formula that is used to determine Medicare reimbursements. It states that the Medicare Patient Access and Quality Improvement Act of 2013 would...
- AHA backs Burgess bill on transparency. // AHA News;9/18/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the legislation introduced by Representative Michael Burgess (R-TX) which would compel U.S. states to publicly report hospital charges for certain hospital services and insurers. The bill requires the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality to examine the type of...
- Campaign in Congress to honor Byron Nelson. // Golf World;4/7/2006, Vol. 59 Issue 33, p9
The article reports on the introduction by Texas Congressman Michael Burgess of H.R. 4902, a bill that recognizes the exemplary record of golf legend Byron Nelson. The bill would distinguish Nelson's achievement on and off the course as a reason for the U.S. Congress to bestow him the...
- US House Bill Proposes to Ban Common Elements. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Jul2009, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
The article discusses the proposed bill to prohibit the manufacture of electronic industry products that contain certain substances above the maximum concentration levels specified in the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive of the European Union. The bill was introduced to the Energy...