NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of May 2002. Auction of four-week bills by the Department of Treasury; Details on economic growth of Philadelphia; Calls for an extraordinary session on budget crisis.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p2
Reports developments in economics in the U.S. as of September 2002. Budget deficit of the federal government; Diversification in the supervision of financial activity in the U.S. Treasury; Rating for the general obligation bonds of Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Agriculture in the Macroeconomy: Discussion. Sumner, Daniel A. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec88, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p1025
No abstract available.
- Federal deficits and the economy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov96, p10
Presents trends on federal deficits and on the economy of the United States. Long-term interest rates; Federal government deficit against the real exchange rate; Current account balance.
- This is one shell game that ain't peanuts. Jacobs Jr. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p13
Focuses on the federal budget surplus expected over the next 10 years in the United States starting in 2000. Allocation of two thirds of the budget surplus to Social Security; Spending cuts pledged by politicians for fiscal year 2000; Rule out of the possibility of lower corporate profits under...
- Positives still outweigh negatives for economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Inside Tucson Business;12/11/200, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p18
Focuses on the economic situation in the United States. Signs that the economic expansion will continue; Decline in the federal budget deficit; Record level of the median household income.
- The relationship between budget deficits and capital... Murthy, N.R. Vasudeva; Phillips, Joseph M. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter96, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p485
Examines the impact federal budget deficits have on capital inflow in the United States. Increase in interest rates due to the relationship between budget deficits and capital inflow; Methods used to determine the relationship between budget deficits and capital inflow.
- The Federal Deficit and the 'Dismal Science' Molnar, Alex // Educational Leadership;Oct86, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p71
Discusses various aspects of the budget deficit in the U.S. Politics of economics; Implications for understanding and teaching of economics.
- The relationship between real deficits and real growth: a critique. De Haan, Jakob; Zelhorst, H. Dick // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall88, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p148
Comments on the relationship between government deficits and economic growth in the United States. Instruments for stimulating economic activity; Theoretical views of the relationship; Keynesian analysis of the relationship.