Bridging the GAAP
- Quotes of the month. // Accountancy;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1324, p5
This article presents accounting-related quotations given by several executives.
- A fond farewell to Fujifilm's National Account Manager after 27 years! // Operating Theatre Journal;Nov2011, Issue 254, p18
The article announces that Jim Hubball has retired as national account manager at Fujifilm Corp.
- Profession must unify to combat top jobs threat. Warner, Alan // Accountancy;Oct84, Vol. 95 Issue 1094, p163
Reports the need for accountants to look at the treat posed by changes on business education in Great Britain. Expectation for educated managers to make claims on positions filled by accountants; Prevalence of accounting graduates enter with business degrees; Question on the logic of...
- Accountancy Practices slicing the cake and the role of the managing partner. McCarthy, John // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the role of managing partners in accounting firms in Ireland. Variations in managing partners' role in their firms; Job responsibilities as team leaders; Term of office of managing partners.
- Mailbox. Hardcastle, Gord; Tokarek, Ben; Tannenbaum, Bryan A.; Allard, Jonthan; Yacyshyn, Tim; Howson, Susie; Ball, Bruce; Peterson, Erik B. // CA Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one about the six designated specialties available to chartered accountants (CAs) that was published in the May 2007 issue, "Accounting for pleasure," by Brigitte Alepin in the May 2007 issue and...
- MORE MONEY. O'HARA, KRISTY J. // Smart Business Detroit;May2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p14
The article suggests that corporate leaders should work with their accountants to make their company more attractive for lenders to ensure proper financing of their business needs. It discusses ways to impress lenders, including having a sound business plan, demonstrating control of the...
- Managers' Responses on EEI. Grinyer, John R.; Kouhy, Reza; Elbadri, Abdussalam A. M. // Accounting & Business Research (Wolters Kluwer UK);Summer92, Vol. 22 Issue 87, p249
The concept and practical implementation of EEI has been introduced in a series of papers and has been tested for feasibility. This paper explores the reactions of managers who acted as respondents to a questionnaire in a total of seven UK and Iranian companies in which the system was tested. It...
- Computrex Long Insolvent. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;01/28/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the misunderstanding between the founder and executives of Computerex Inc. over accusations of mismanagement and misuse of company funds in Nicholasville, Kentucky. Court approval for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy relief; Impact of the filing of lists of assets and liabilities on shippers;...
- BENCHMARKS AND BEACONS. Greer, Howard C. // Accounting Review;Jan1956, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p3
This article presents information on the accounting. Accounting as an art, accounting as a public service, and accounting as a social force, have undergone great changes during the past four decades. The place of accounting in business was very different from the one it occupies today. In the...