GE's $5.4 Bill Bid Raises Hopes
- GE lands on LI with APC takeover. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/31/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 61, p5a
Reports that General Electric Co. has acquired Aircraft Parts Corp. in Long Island, New York. Reason of General Electric for acquiring Aircraft; Projected benefit of General Electric from the acquisition deal; Terms and conditions of the deal.
- Materials-related deals take high profile. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;1/22/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p10
The article discusses business trends in the plastics industry in the U.S. Materials related deals are likely to take high profile, as mergers and acquisitions are expected to rise in 2007. The trend becomes evident as General Electric Co. is seeking a buyer for its GE Plastics unit. Major...
- Mergers & deals. // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Oct2005, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Presents updates on mergers, acquisitions and deals as of October 10, 2005. Completion of the acquisition of Gillette by Procter & Gamble; Agreement of General Electric to acquire software maker IDX Systems.
- Buyer's remorse maybe? GE's deal for Abbott units scrapped. Long, Don // Diagnostics & Imaging Week;7/19/2007, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p1
This article reports on the explanation by General Electric of Fairfield, Connecticut that its deal to buy two diagnostic units of Abbott Laboratories will not be completed. Analysts explain that the situation of the deal was a case of "buyer's remorse" on the part of General Electric. The deal...
- The Buyside: Europe Adopts Tougher Stance on U.S.-led Takeovers. Noto, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/9/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p29
The article discusses the protectionist approach adopted by European authorities to control cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A) which are expected to increase in 2014 according to many dealmakers. Topics covered include the plans of Great Britain and France to block foreign takeovers of...
- R/D Tech acquires NDT unit from GE. // Wire Journal International;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the acquisition of the Panametrics ultrasonic NDT business from General Electric Co. by R/D Tech Inc. in the U.S. Terms under the acquisition.
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p7
Presents updates on mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. as of November 2002, including the acquisition of Osmonics Inc. by General Electric Co.
- BIDS AND DEALS. // Professional Engineering;10/3/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p8
The article presents news briefs related to bids and deals. Smiths Group PLC and General Electric Co. have rejected their planned joint venture due to differing strategic visions. Centrica PLC has acquired Newfield UK from Newfield Exploration Co. for Â£242 million. Oil company Turkiye...
- FIRST AMERICAN TO ACQUIRE TRANSAMERICA TAX AND FLOOD COMPANIES. // Mortgage Banking;Oct2003, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p15
Reports on the pending acquisition of Illinois-based Transamerica Finance Corp.'s real estate tax service and flood hazard certification businesses by California-based First American Corp. Figures of the combined revenue of the two Transamerica businesses to be acquired by First American;...