Secondary Indigestion Souring New Bonds?
- Calpine Sells $2.8B in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/14/2014, p18
The article reports that Houston, Texas-based power provider Calpine Corp. has offered $1.6 billion in 5.75% senior unsecured notes due 2025 and $1.2 billion in 5.375% senior unsecured notes due 2023 in the bond market in July 2014.
- Calpine Offers $2.8B in HY. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/14/2014, p11
The article reports that Houston, Texas-based power provider Calpine Corp. has launched a two-part bond offering of $2.8 billion in the market in July 2014.
- Judge to Consider Motion to Cure Technical Default in Calpine Corp. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/30/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32639, p4
The article reports that bankruptcy judge has been expected to consider a motion from Calpine Corp. that could resolve months of uncertainty related to more than $200 million of outstanding bonds sold through the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The firm would assume a lease to...
- Nextel increases, bonds respond. C.B. // High Yield Report;02/28/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on increase in the high yield issues of Nextel Communications Inc. Statistics on note increase; Percentage growth of subscriber base; Comparison of cash flow results between 1998 and 1999; Performance in domestic operations; Company product focus on business users and corporate...
- Bullish on Nextel. // High Yield Report;07/07/97, Vol. 8 Issue 27, p8
Presents information on the performance of bonds from Nextel Communications. Factors contributing to the bonds' performance; Views of Chuck Howard, an analyst with First Union; Details on plans by Nextel to launch a digital wireless communications network.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 19. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32220, p2
Presents charts depicting the major deals on bond market in the U.S., as of September 29, 2005.
- Taxable, New Money Deals Climb. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;5/1/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33904, p1
In this article, the author offers information on the performance and the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. bond market in April 2013. He mentions that the long-term municipal bond issuance has dropped down during the month but due to rise in new money and taxable deals, a small increase has...
- OOCEA Comes to Market With Deal To Refund and Restructure its Debt. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;11/8/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33811, p6
The article informs that Orlando Orange County Expressway Authority (OOCEA) in Florida is planning to hit the U.S. bond market with deal for refunding and restructuring its debt. It mentions that county will used the low market rates to save and reduce its variable-rate exposure in a refunding...
- Quiet Primary Pushes Buyers to Secondary. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;4/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33897, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. bond market in the third week of April 2013. It mentions that the primary market was slow and quite whereas secondary market has shown strong activity during the week. She also informs that the secondary market has received...