Will Investors Buy Samuel's "Chapter 33"?
- Samuels Jewelers Files For Ch. 11 Protection. D.B. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/11/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 30, p17
Reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by jewelry retail chain, Samuels Jewelers Inc., in August 2003. Total assets and debts of the company as of July 5, 2003; Debt reorganization of the company; Number of stores operated by the company in the U.S. as of March 1, 2003.
- SAMUEL'S NEW PLAN. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/25/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 41, p2
Reports on Samuels Jewelers Inc.'s filing of a reorganization plan with a bankruptcy court in Delaware.
- IN BRIEF. // Credit Management;Jun2012, p10
The article offers business news briefs from Great Britain including winners of the two 3G Keyboard Kindles, Atradius' prediction on insolvencies and Philip King's, chief executive of the ICM, 2011 Annual Report inserted in this issue.
- Bankruptcy filings in state rise 60.2 percent in October from year earlier. Knightly, Arnold M. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/21/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 51, pP12
This article focuses on the increase in bankruptcy filings in Nevada. According to statistics from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Nevada, there has been a 60.2 percent increase in bankruptcy filings in October 2009 to 2,789, from 1,741 in 2008. The Automated Access to Court Electronic Records...
- Samuels Submits Reorganization Plan. Shuster, William George // JCK;Oct2003, Vol. 174 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the reorganization plan of the retail jewelry firm Samuels Jewelers Inc. in Delaware. Emergence of the company from bankruptcy; Aspects of the plan; Benefits of the plan for the company.
- Confidence. Kerr, David // Credit Management;Jun2012, p17
The article reports on the publication of the latest Great Britain government statistics on insolvencies. It is said that the increasing numbers of insolvencies have historically accompanied the exit from a traditional U-shaped recession. The 2012 first quarter insolvency figures suggest that...
- How Bankruptcy Laws Can Help The Little Man. // Ebony;Dec1970, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p62
The article explains how federal bankruptcy laws in the U.S. can help the average citizen be relieved from the burdens of debt. Under Chapter XIII, or the wage-earner's plan, debts are combined and are paid off over a period of time in contrast with privately operated debt consolidation....
- Bankruptcy figures. // Credit Management;Apr2004, p10
The number of personal bankruptcies in England and Wales during the final quarter of 2003 was the highest for a decade, with 10,271 people joining the list in the three months. On a brighter note, company bankruptcies were down 1.9 per cent to 3,316 over the same period. Over the year, personal...
- How the Greek Debt Reorganisation of 2012 Changed the Rules of Sovereign Insolvency. Wood Q.C., Philip R. // Business Law International;Jan2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
In this article, the author offers information on the effect of debt restructuting "Greek debt reorganization of 2012" on the rules of sovereign insolvency. He mentions that the sovereign bankruptcy of 2012 can affect future sovereign bankruptcies in several ways. He further reflects on...