Tobacco Bonds Rise After Appeal Bond's Reinstatement
- Munis Stay Sluggish; N.J. TTFA Sells $1.5B. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p10
The article reports on the slow performance of the municipal market as the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority (NJTTFA) is priced with 1.5 billion U.S. dollar debt in New Jersey. The investors passiveness of investing in the secondary market contributes to the sluggishness of the...
- Munis End Steady After Lackluster Day. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p2
The article reports on the performance of the tax-exempt market in the U.S. as of April 2012. The market has ended the period with a slow note due to the lack of primary issuance and failure of secondary issuance to push municipal bonds in any direction on the trading session. Yield of municipal...
- Market Close: Munis End Steady After Firmer Tone All Week. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;9/10/2011, Vol. 121 Issue 33779, p1
The article informs that tax-exempt market ended on a slow as demand has outweighed supply. It mentions that municipal market data yield has closed steady at 1.78 percent. While trades compiled by data provider Markit, has showed a mix of strengthening and weakening in the secondary market. It...
- Muni Market Awaits $1B Calif. U., $1B Ind. Toll Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;7/15/2015, p17
Statistics are presented on pricings and deals made by the U.S. Treasury for municipal bond traders, including the pricings for the secondary market, primary market, and "The Bond Buyer" 30 Day Visible Supply.
- Market Post: Munis Firmer on Active Secondary. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article informs that the due to increased activity in the secondary market, the U.S. municipal bond market has observed lower intermediate and long-term tax-exempt yields as of October 21, 2013.
- Secondary Market Derivatives--Tender Option Bonds: A Primer. Conlon, Stevie D. // Municipal Finance Journal;Fall2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p33
This article reviews some of the legal issues considered when examining secondary market municipal derivative products--or tender option bonds (TOBs). It considers simple, unadorned TOBs, credit-enhanced TOBs, short-term TOBs, credit-swap TOBs, pooled-bond TOBs, municipal-lease TOBs, as well as...
- Market Close: Munis Wrap Up Week on Firm Note. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/28/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34002, p1
The article focuses on the U.S. municipal bond market as of October 2013. It informs that Puerto Rico debt has traded higher in the secondary market and California general obligation bonds traded most of the bond volume in the secondary market. It mentions that yields on Atlanta Airport 5s of...
- Synthetic notes up last quarter, say S&P and Moody's. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p31
Reports on Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service's rating of a combined total of $5.23 billion of secondary market derivatives in the first quarter of 1998. Failure of the municipal market to fill investors' increasing demand for short-term municipal securities; Efforts of several...
- Market Close: Munis Weaker Again as Total Volume Fell. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/13/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34011, p1
The article offers information related to condition of municipal bond market on November 12, 2013, which has been traded a few basis points weaker as the secondary market faded and market participants prepared for pricings of new deals.