Connecticut Gets Balanced Budget, But Analysts Still Uneasy
- OUTSIDE EDGE: MICHAEL OWEN. Owen, Michael // Money Marketing;9/5/2002, p24
Comments on the meeting of 11-strong consortium of fund managers with rating agencies. Contention of the consortium; European-wide standard for fund classification; Demand of fund management houses of common standards on rating.
- INSIDE EDGE: IAN CHIMES. Chimes, Ian // Money Marketing;9/5/2002, p24
Focuses on the relationship between fund management companies, rating agencies and intermediaries. Different fee models of rating agencies; Process of the fund; Use of websites.
- Wisconsin Governor Signs New Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p4
Reports on the signing of Governor Scott McCallum the budget for the fiscal biennium in Wisconsin. Accounts on the veto of the governor on the state spending bill; Details on the lowest state spending budget increase; Decrease in the rating of the state by the rating agencies.
- Rating Agencies Hoping Davis Will Propose Specifics in Budget Address. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p3
Reports on the expectation of rating agencies that California's governor Gray Davis will propose specifics in budget address. Proposals to fill the budget gap; Topics of the legislative session called by Davis to increase an expected $four billion shortfall in budget; Ratings given by various...
- Fitch Downgrades Cranston, R.I., to BBB-Minus. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p30
Reports the downgrade of obligation rating of Cranston, Rhode Island. Reappearance of accumulated general fund deficits; Inclusion of the company in the negative watch lists; Recovery plan for 2003.
- As Half-Billion-Dollar Deal Nears, Connecticut Gets Rating Upgrade. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p1
Reports on the upgrade of the rating on Connecticut's tax obligation bonds by Moody's Investors Service. Fund raising for transportation improvements and refunding bonds; Basis of the upgrade on the effective management of the State Transportation Fund; Impact of tax revenue collection on...
- Research reaching saturation point? Bennett, Julie // Money Management;3/18/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p23
Reports on the ability of rating agencies in sustaining the current number of research houses in Australia. Need for research houses to find effective revenue model to keep them profitable; Impact of high staff turnover on undermining fund managers' confidence in their ability to produce...
- Chicago's Man With a Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p1
Focuses on the issues faced by Dana Levenson as chief financial officer of Chicago, Illinois. Ability of the former corporate banker to please rating agency analysts; Concern on the deficit faced by the city; Move of the city to adopt a balanced budget through cuts, several tax increases and by...
- Multiple 'irons in the fire' contribute to Reliant's financial rating. Davis, Kathleen // Electric Light & Power;Oct2000, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p1
Reports the rating of Reliant Energy Mid-Atlantic BBB by Standard & Poor's corporate finance group in the United States. Effects of separated regulated and non-regulated businesses on corporate credit rating; Implication for credit rating of lease financing portfolio; Correlation of debt with...