Competitive Note Offerings
- Puerto Rico's $800 Million of Notes Leads Ample Supply. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p6
Reports on the short-term supply of notes for investors in Puerto Rico. Constriction of the Federal Reserve overnight lending rates by policy-makers; Issuance of a multi-million dollar auction rate notes by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to refund its outstanding fixed-rate debt; Plan...
- No-no bonds get yes vote from Wall St. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;6/23/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p3
The article reports that investors are interested in investing money in stocks in the U.S. The financial analyst at Salomon Brothers decided to take a chance and specialize in what he saw as an underserved area: convertible bonds. In the last six months alone, Craig Farr has sold more than $5...
- Dana, ADT Add Total of $824M to HY Pipeline. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;12/8/2014, p12
The article reports the long-term notes offering of auto parts supplier Dana Holding Corp. and alarm monitoring company ADT Corp. as of December 9, 2014. The topics discussed include the amount and term of the notes, where the proceeds will be used, and a tender offer of Dana Holding Corp. for...
- IFS-3.-Nonmarketable U.S. Treasury Bonds and Notes Issued to Official Institutions and Other Residents of Foreign Countries. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p63
Presents the chart on nonmarketable treasury bonds and notes issued to official institutions and other residents of foreign countries by the U.S. government from the year 1997 to 2002.
- Water, Housing, Nursing Home Debt on Tap for West Virginia. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p28
Investors looking for an opportunity to buy West Virginia bonds will want to watch out for several deals coming soon from various issuers, including water revenue bonds, housing bonds, and some nursing home bonds. The West Virginia Water Development Authority (WDA) plans to go to market today...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31701, p11
Presents statistics related to negotiated bond offerings as of August 2003 in the U.S. Types of bonds; Issuers of bonds; Financial advisor of bonds.
- More LBOs, Fallen Angels May Keep Euro HY On Track In '06. K.L. // High Yield Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the growth of the European speculative grade bond market in 2005. Companies began issuing speculative grade corporate bonds and investors acquired larger deals from a more diversified array of issuers. There was a large discrepancy in the decline in transactions and...
- Buybacks On the Rise in European Telecom Sector. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in buyback of bonds in European telecom sector as of October 22, 2001. Reasons for the buyback trend; Benefits and problems related to buyback; Advantages of buyouts for investors.
- Income-Focused Investors: Don't Make These Mistakes. // Improving Your Finances;May2010, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p6
The article presents some of the key mistakes to be avoided by income-focused investors. It suggests to avoid spending too much time looking to the previous bear market for clues about which bond types could suffer in the future. The belief that expensive active managers will continue to earn...