Up Against the Cap
- Defaults Jump in January, February. J.S. // Bank Loan Report;3/19/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p2
Reports the increase in bond default rates in January and February 2002, according to Moody's Inventor's Services.
- S&P raises Washington state debt to AA-Plus. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Announces Standard & Poor's upgrade of the Washington State's $6.4 billion of general obligation debt to AA-plus rating in advance of the state's $265 million offering in June 1997. Rating given by other investment bodies to Washington's debt obligation; Factors driving the improvement in credit...
- Hillsborough County, Tampa Sports Issues Win Upgrades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/10/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31015, p38
Reports the upgrading of the debt ratings of Hillsborough County and Tampa Sports Authority by Moody's Investors Inc. in Florida. Factors contributing to improvement of county reserves; Plan to market water and sewer assessment bonds; Reference to the upgraded rating as a reflection of the...
- Municipals deserve a rating system that reflects their strength. Hyland, Angela Musalo // Bond Buyer;01/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30550, p29
Opinion. Comments on the status of the level of discourse with regard to the rating of municipal debt in the United States. Need for serious consideration on ratings of municipal enterprises; Significance of the double-A rating assigned to the New York City Transitional Finance Authority.
- Puerto Rico Sale to Aid Pensions. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;1/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 327820, p1
The article reports that the upcoming sale of some $4 billion in taxable municipal debt to shore up Puerto Rico's pension system is aiming to attract the attention of both traditional municipal investors and those outside the typical base who are looking for yield or diversification. Information...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;8/29/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 92951, p2
Corrections to articles published in previous issues are presented including the underlying rating in New York City Health and Hospital Corp., the downgraded Radian Asset Assurance Inc. to BBB-plus with a negative outlook from A and rating information of Galveston County, Texas general...
- Monmouth College at Baa3. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/21/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33586, p9
The article reports on the downgrade of the bond rating of Monmouth College in Illinois to Baa3 by Moody's Investors Service Inc., which affects 3.5 million dollars of rated debt issued in 2000.
- In Colorado, Ratings Slide on Deal's Demise. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p1
The article reports on the recent discussion between the board of directors of the Northwest Parkway Public Highway Authority in Colorado to discuss possible future actions following the termination of a planned refunding of $428 million in toll revenue bonds. The cancellation of this deal has...
- N.J. debt gets a `thumbs up' from market. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p2
Reports on the `thumbs up' rating given by New Jersey traders and investors to the state's debt despite the mammoth pension bond sale from the Economic Development Authority and the assignment of a negative outlook by Moody's Investors Service. Impact of the pension bond deal on investors'...