- Montana's Tight Race for Governor Heating Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p7
Focuses on the battle for the Montana governor's office between Republican Bob Brown and Democrat Brian Schweitzer. Decision of Republican incumbent Governor Judy Martz not to run for a second term; Political campaign platform of each candidate.
- Montana Governor Pushes Use of Coal Trust Money to Close Gap. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31516, p36
Reports that Montana Governor Judy Martz proposed a state budget that includes borrowing a large portion from a coal tax trust fund to close a shortfall in the multi-billion dollar budget for the fiscal biennium starting 2003. Principal amount available at the trust; Governor's proposal of...
- CI-66 and CI-67: Concept, context, and consequences. Nicholson, Stan; Polzin, Paul // Montana Business Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the economic ramifications of voter initiatives CI-66 and CI-67 in Montana. Goal of initiatives to give taxpayers a more direct hand in fiscal policy, and to require greater majority voting requirements for tax increases or local spending; Potential legal challenges to the...
- Chairman of governor's task force reports: Downsizing government could save millions. Jahrig, Shannon H. // Montana Business Quarterly;Spring95, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p34
Suggests ways of downsizing Montana's government. Elimination of several education personnel; Consolidation of the health and human service functions of the state government; Awarding local citizens the authority to levy local taxes. INSET: Sugarplums dance before Republicans' eyes..
- Montana is 48th state to pass King holiday. // Jet;3/4/91, Vol. 79 Issue 20, p15
Reports on the bill passed recently in Montana making it the 48th state to recognize Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s national holiday. Comments on bill's significance.
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Missoula Independent;3/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
The article offers information on social and political events which took place in Montana in the week starting from March 23, 2011 to March 29, 2011 including, medical marijuana reform bill introduced by Senator Jeff Essman, a bill authorizing construction of several new state buildings passed...
- State Agency Assails Montana Governor's Deficit Plan. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31542, p3
Reports that according to the legislative fiscal division of Montana, Governor Judy Martz' proposal to address a multi-million dollar deficit in the general fund budget would be difficult to accomplish. Possibility of the proposal leading to structural imbalances and low reserves; Level of...
- Cautious Ambition. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p80
Profiles Montana Lieutenant Governor Judy Martz. Career in politics; Economic implementation plan for Montana; Accomplishments in the office.
- Imaginations Run Wild in the West. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p17
Deals with the sculpture of bordello dancers on a building in Helena, Montana. Model used by the artist for the sculpture; Features of the sculpture; Reaction of Montana Governor Judy Martz to the sculpture.