L.A. Utility Deal
- NEW YORK: Erie IDA OKs Power Bonds. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p9
The article reports on the approval of the sale of $115 million of tax-exempt and taxable bonds by the Erie County Industrial Development Agency in New York. The measure aimed to upgrade the Huntley Generating Station power plant in Tonawanda to bring it into compliance with state emissions...
- Barriers to Thinking New about Energy. Nader, Laura // Industrial Physicist;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Comments on the discussion of energy system barriers. Implication of anthropology on energy system; Inconsideration of human component in energy source planning; Relation of energy problem with social issues. INSET: Untitled, by Laura Nader..
- High-efficiency power conversion, IC integration enable new apps. Heyer, Patrick // Portable Design;Sep2003, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p23
Examines the challenges faced by power-system designers. How to conserve battery power and use it more efficiently; How to reduce the size of the power management solutions.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. // Electrical World;Jan1995, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p14
Presents a list collected by the Edison Electric Institute showing the weekly electric output among various regions in the United States.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. // Electrical World;Jun95, Vol. 209 Issue 6, p8
Presents a graph tabulating the weekly electric power output of the United States from January 1991 to April 25, 1995.
- Weekly output, 1-million kWh. Bretz, Elizabeth A. // Electrical World;Jul95, Vol. 209 Issue 7, p8
Presents graphical information on the weekly output of electricity from 1991 to 1995. Tabular information on the changes in the weekly output of the different regions in US in 1994.
- Letter from Italy. Brezovec, David // Electrical World;Jan1998, Vol. 212 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on independent power producers as they look to Europe for business opportunities. Indepth look at the problems inherent in entering territory long dominated by large national utilities; Details on why technologies needs to be accepted by technicians; Information on the...
- Power plants go under the microscope. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);5/24/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7795, p14
The article reports on the move of Nanocell group, funded through the European Science Foundation's European Collaborative Research Scheme, to investigate a biological approach for power generation that would help advance the science of bio-nanotechnology.
- Electricity privatization: the case of India Ranganathan, V. // In Business;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p875
No abstract available.