Share the Wealth
- Proposed Sales Tax Would Back Bonds to Close Calif. Shortfall. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p1
In his revised budget plan announced on may 14, 2003, California governor Gray Davis urged for a half-cent sales tax to support bonds to close 10.7 billion dollar of the 38 billion dollar budget shortfall through fiscal 2004. The half-cent tax would raise about 2.3 billion dollar each year to...
- We're Killing the Goose That Lays Our Golden Eggs. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Comments on the inability of California governor Gray Davis to solve the problems faced by the state. Electricity crisis; Gas shortage; Fiscal crisis.
- Murky forecast for Republican recall candidates. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/18/2003, Issue 323114, p5
Reports on the petition to recall Governor Gray Davis in California. Number of signatures collected for the petition; Candidates for Davis' replacement.
- Governor Davis, don't fail us now. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/10/2003, Issue 798, p12
Editorial. Focuses on Governor Gray Davis' support for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transvestite community. Renewed commitment of the governor on his second term.
- Electric Shock. Begun, Bret; Meadows, Susannah; Howard, Lucy; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;4/16/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 16, p9
Suggests the possibility that California Governor Gray Davis will not be re-elected in 2002 because of the way in which he handled energy crises in California.
- Can governor win California power play? Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 145, p3
Focuses on California Governor Gray Davis, his efforts to win modest federal price controls on wholesale power, and his popularity.
- Calif. governor signs renewable energy bill. Truini, Joe // Waste News;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p6
Reports the move of Governor Gray Davis to sign renewable energy bill in Sacramento, California. Provisions of the Senate Bill 1078; Decline of greenhouse gas emissions; Impact of the legislation on renewable energy producers.
- California Gov. Nixes E-Waste, Bottle Bills. Jackson, Danielle // Waste Age;Nov2002, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p14
Reports that California Governor Gray Davis vetoed Senate bills 1523 and 1619, two pieces of legislation devoted to creating a recycling infrastructure that handles the state's electronic waste problem. Other bill vetoed by the governor; Overview of Senate bills 1523 and 1619; Support given by...
- California open-records bill KO'd. Davis, Joel // Editor & Publisher;10/16/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p8
Reports the veto for an Open-Record Bill by Governor Gray Davis in California. Goal of the measure; Reasons for the rejection of the legislation; Reactions of open-government advocates to the decision.