Volume Climbs 51%, Led by a Spate of California Debt
- Gambling Lawsuit Could Delay West Virginia Agency's Bond Plans. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/05/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31692, p3
Reports on the possibility of delay in a potential bond sale by West Virginia's Economic Development Grant Committee following the decision of a lawyer to refile a lawsuit challenging the source of debt service on bonds. Allegations raised by the lawyer in the lawsuit; Possible consequences of...
- 5th Division promotion. // Credit Management;Nov2002, p20
Reports that a provider of consumer and commercial debt collection services the Lewis Group has launched a division Lewis Debt Purchasing to focus exclusively on the credit services industry. Offer of a range of debt purchasing solutions to a variety of lenders; Factors that decided the launch...
- Business Tax Revenues Boost N.J. to a $250 Million Surplus. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p40
Despite dismal income and sales tax collections, New Jersey will end the fiscal year of 2003 with a 250 million dollar surplus on account of higher business tax collections, state Treasurer John McCormac said on May 27, 2003. Nevertheless, McCormac cautioned that the projected surplus is just 1...
- Humbled Argentina, PRI makes friends again. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;2/9/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p24
Reports on trends related to political risk insurance (PRI) in Argentina. Debt servicing; Liquidity products; Key provisions in a typical PRI policy; Effect of PRI policies in terms of creditworthiness; Subordinated notes from banks included in recent PRI transactions.
- Covenant-Lite Loans Hit Europe, But Will They Stick? Iyer, Savita // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/7/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 18, p8
The article focuses on the trend of the emergence of the covenant-lite loans in Europe. It is stated that several financial firms had launched the practice of such loans in the country. Charlotte Conlan, head of leveraged syndications at BNP Paribas in London, England, states that the country's...
- MBNA continues Sky Financial's legacy with dental loan deal. G. C. // Asset Securitization Report;6/20/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p5
Reports on MBNA Corp.'s announcement of a $370 million fixed-rate deal backed by equipment loans to dental practices through its subsidiary MBNA Practice Solutions Inc. Companies involved in the deal; Aggregate principal balance of the pool.
- We're dying out so the rise of AVMs appears inevitable. White, Simon // Mortgage Strategy;10/24/2011, p1
In this article, the author reports on the shortage of the skilled people in the surveying profession in Great Britain. The author says that 75% of surveyors are going to retire or die in the space of a couple of years and the mortgage industry in the country will then have no choice but to...
- Quest for yields leads investors to emerging markets. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;3/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p41
Reports investors' interest in the emerging market debt sector in the United States. Increase in defined benefit plans in the emerging market debt; Use of Lehman Universal bond index as a fixed-income benchmark; Monetary commitment of US pension funds to market debt mandates.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. // Secured Lender;Jan2013, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p39
The article focuses on the method of measuring lenders' profitability by product. According to the author, measuring profitability by product is done quantitatively and qualitatively. He claims that lenders should identify their weaknesses and should not rely solely on adding new products and...