California College Deal Takes Top Spot as Bond Blitz Continues
- Princeton University Preps $72 Million Sale. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p4
The article reports on the issuance of Princeton University of a 72 million dollars of new-money debt. The university will sell fixed-rate bonds through the New Jersey Educational Facilities Authority. And interest of the bond must not exceed six percent. Princeton had planned to bring the...
- Trio of Illinois Universities plan sales to renovate, expand campus facilities. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p3
Discusses the bond sales involving three Illinois universities. Decision of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees to sell certificates of participation (COP) to finance several utility-related project; Loyola University of Chicago's effort to put together a medium-term note deal; DePaul...
- Cal State: $672M In Five Years. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p1
The article reports that California State University has expected to sell $672 million of lease revenue debt not including the $690 million of general obligation funds. Among the projects that will benefit from the $672 million of lease revenue bonds, the San Francisco campus library stands out...
- Pair of Virginia Agencies Ready to Borrow for Bay, College Projects. FUNK, LYNNE // Bond Buyer;3/26/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33087, p8
The article reports on the planned sale of bonds by the Virginia Resources Authority (VRA) and the Virginia College Building Authority (VCBA), to finance their various projects. VRA, as reported, is planning to sell its $174 million of clean-water state revolving fund subordinate revenue bonds...
- GAINING SOME STREET SMARTS. Sieroty, Chris // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/12/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 50, pP16
The article reports on the effort of the Nevada State College to offer three-hour class using the stock and bond markets to teach students about real-world financial applications in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Research digest. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30649, p9
Presents updates related to municipal bond trading in the United States, as of May 26, 1999. Includes analysts James McGinley and David Jacovini's views on the value of various state bonds; Use of off-balance-sheet financing by universities to fund construction of residence halls.
- Expected delays give Texas University unexpected edge. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p26
Reports on the benefits of a delay in obtaining final state approval for a multi-million dollar forward interest rate swap to the University of Texas. Bond market conditions at the time of obtaining the approval; Date of holding of a competitive bid for the floating-to-fixed rate swap by the...
- UConn to Sell as Much as $200 Million in GOs This Week. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31794, p4
Reports that the University of Connecticut will sell its general obligation bonds in Connecticut. Size of the sale; Uses of the proceeds from the sale; Lead manager, financial adviser and bond counsel for the sale; Ratings of the bonds.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p37
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 23, 2003. Plans of the University of California to seek donations for a hospital; Voting by National Football League owners to use funds for exploring a football stadium in Carson; Plans of Nevada to sell gas-tax...