Prepayment Speeds Hit High but Boom May Be Over, Report Says
- Bond Market Group Sees Operational Hitch in Freddie Move's Timing. // National Mortgage News;05/28/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the reaction of the United States Bond Market Association to a prepayment reporting change by the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (Freddie Mac). Concerns about the timing and effective date of the change; Reasons for the change; Impact of the change on the pricing of Freddie Mac...
- Refinancing Wave Calling Attention to Subprime Prepay Penalties. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
Discusses reasons why investors are becoming more interested in the fact that a large percentage of subprime mortgages carry prepayment penalties. Mitigation of prepayment risk; Theory that subprime or home equity product is slower to prepay than more mainstream loans; Laws in the United States...
- Reports Show Declaration of Mortgage Prepayment Speeds in July. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7
Reports the deceleration of mortgage prepayment speeds among systems in the United States in July 2001. Comparison of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac speeds; Significance of the forty-five-day accounting scheme; Increase in speeds for loans with high combined loan-to-value ratios.
- Prepayment Rates Drop Sharply on Loans with Low Rates. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Reports the decline of prepayment rates for mortgage loans in the U.S. Discussions on refinancing activities; Effects of mortgage rates on prepayment rates; Relations between mortgage brokers and refinancings.
- Lenders Win Round in Prepayment Battle. // National Mortgage News;02/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p23
Reports on the United States appeals court ruling which held that Virginia state regulators cannot enforce limits on prepayment penalties if state-licensed lenders adhere to federal regulations governing the 1982 Alternative Mortgage Transactions Parity Act. Federal preemptive powers of the...
- Prepayments start to haunt home lenders. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;8/19/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 159, p1
Reports on the home mortgage industry problems on prepayments. Losing loan servicing assets; Fleet Financial Group's $100 million charge to earnings in the second quarter of 1993; Marine Midland Banks Inc.'s exposure to prepayment risk; Countrywide Credit Industries' offsetting of servicing...
- Make your mortgage prepayments correctly to avoid `never-never land'. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/25/94, Vol. 15 Issue 17, Residential Real Estate p10B
Warns borrowers to follow guidelines to make sure mortgage prepayments save them as much interest as they intend. Need to explicitly state where to apply the prepayment; 1968 federal banking law which allows borrowers to prepay on mortgage loans without penalty.
- Market Sees Prepayment Rates Spike Upward in October. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p6
Reports the increase of prepayment rates for agency mortgage-backed securities in the United States. Factors contributing to the increase of prepayment of debt rates; Prediction of Bear Stearns analyst of a record prepayment; Forecast of an increase in mortgage application.
- Subprime Prepay Rates Rose in June. // American Banker;8/1/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 147, p16
Reveals that prepayment rates for subprime and high loan-to-value mortgages rose in June 2001 in the United States. Average constant prepayment rate (CPR); Rise of adjustable-rate subprime mortgages; Attribution of elevation of prepayment rates to lower mortgage rates and high real estate prices.