NEWS IN BRIEF
- Good signs in Japan. Skeffington, Robert; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;10/7/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p81
Reports on the economic recovery in Japan. Confidence level among manufacturers; Decline in consumer price index.
- Economic review. Chamberlin, Graeme // Economic & Labour Market Review;Nov2009, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p7
The GDP Preliminary Estimate reported a 0.4 per cent fall in output for the third quarter. As a result the recession was prolonged for a sixth successive quarter -- the longest continual decline in output since quarterly records began. However, the pace of contraction is moderating, driven by a...
- House Committee Approves SEC Pay, Fee Bill. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;03/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31107, p5
Reports on the United States House Financial Services Committee's approval of a bill that would reduce Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) fees and allow SEC to seek higher pay levels. Revision of some of the mechanics of the original bill; Other amendments approved by committee members.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Money Marketing;4/26/2012, p2
This section offers news briefs in the financial services industry in Great Britain including the rise of the consumer price index (CPI), Mortgages for Business and Aldermore Commercial Mortgages' launch of the mortgage funding line Keystone Buy to Let Mortgages, and investigation of...
- Angola's price index data will be collected from across the country. // African Business News;2/12/2015, p1
No abstract available.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Vekshin, Alison; O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p2
No abstract available.
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2003, p2
Reports on the increasing consumer price index in the U.S. as of April 2003. Escalation of the energy costs; Assessment of the manufacturing industries; Factors affecting the import price index.
- Current trends. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;11/23/2001, p7
Presents graphs depicting the economic indicators as of November 2001. Rate of increase in economic activity of gross domestic product; Comparison of consumer prices for goods and services in September 2000 and 2001; Decline in shipments of manufacturers in September 2001.
- ECONOMY. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/11/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 41, pP27
This section offers news briefs relating to the Las Vegas, Nevada economy as of October 2010 including an increase in the number of taxi trips in August, the improved performance of the manufacturing sector in September and the year to date increase of the Consumer Price Index in August.