N.Y. judge Wants MAC Papers Today
- N.Y.C. Won't Contest MAC Injunction. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p1
No abstract available.
- N.Y. Leaders Craft $23B Spending Bill. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p1
Reports on the passage of the emergency spending bill by the New York Legislature. Approval of the state government to continue operating; Plans of the state to refinance the outstanding Municipal Assistance Corp. debt; Provisions of the pending budget extender bill.
- N.Y.C. Hopes to Satisfy an Eager Market With $2.6B MAC Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on New York City's refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Bond market rally; Tax-exempt bond supply.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- New York's High Court Hears Arguments on MAC Refinancing. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p3
Reports on attempts of New York's Local Government Assistance Corp. (LGAC) to convince the state courts to block New York City's proposed refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp. debt. Opening arguments of the case, LGAC s. the city's Sales Tax Asset Receivable Corp.; Court's granting of...
- Head of N.Y. MAC says maybe it should take a leaf from TFA's book. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p40
Focuses on New York City Municipal Assistance Corp.'s (NYMCA) plan to explore the possibility of winning higher ratings by mimicking the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's (NYCTFA) approach. Similarities of NYMCA's structure with the NYTCA; Ratings received by the two agencies for...
- Appeals Court Latest Venue for N.Y.C. MAC Refunding Case. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p3
Reports on the arguments over the constitutionality of a contested plan to refinance New York City's debt. Debt issued by the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Evaluation of the constitutionality of a statute authorizing the city bailout plan; Transfers of a sales taxpayment.
- MAC Housekeeping. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32225, p35
Reports on the contract renewal of the Municipal Assistance Corp. with its legal and financial advisers in New York.
- New MAC chairman carries union label. Feiden, Douglas // Crain's New York Business;11/1/93, Vol. 9 Issue 44, p53
Profiles Municipal Assistance Corp. chairman Eugene J. Keilin. Plan to follow former chairman's course; Specialization in employee buyouts and union restructurings; Beginning of career on the management side of the table.