Revenues for Standard & Poor's Climb by 10% in Second Quarter
- A New Measure of Earnings from an Unexpected Party. Levinsohn, Alan // Strategic Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p63
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P), the credit rating and information services company owned by McGraw Hill, has developed a methodology for a standard operating number. The article explains the S&P "core earnings" number adjusts net income to account for expenses from stock-option...
- Leo O'Neill dies, 64. // Power Economics;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p10
Presents a tribute to Leo O'Neill, former president of ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp., who died of cancer in 2004. Comments on O'Neill by Harold McGraw, chairman of McGraw-Hill, parent company of Standard & Poor's.
- S&P Starts Assigning Management Assessments to GO, Appropriation Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p7
The article reports on the new rating system of Standard & Poor's Corp. for general obligation (GO) and appropriation bonds. The agency's U.S. public finance ratings groups has begun assigning formalized financial management assessments on GO and appropriation debts. Under the new system,...
- S&P Changes Rules For Some NJ Loans. // National Mortgage News;7/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p12
Reports that Standard and Poor's Rating Services has eliminated its published criteria for New Jersey for covered home loans which originated on or after July 6, 2004.
- Ratings relations: in their own words. Ridpath, Barbara // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);11/19/2005, p20
The article reports that it is important for companies to listen to and act on what the credit rating agencies have to say. The correlation between Standard & Poor's ratings and defaults remains consistent. Ratings agencies, contrary to some views, are accountable. Their research and opinions...
- S&P veteran leaves to join parent as VP. Richtmeyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p27
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) managing director Glenn Goldberg has left to become senior vice president at S&P's parent firm McGraw-Hill Co. Responsibilities; Achievements at S&P; Background.
- Instructors and students offered direct access to S&P financial data. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the development of an education version of Market Insight database by McGraw-Hill/Irwin and Standard and Poor's. Online information source that provides financial data on United States companies in the S&P Compustat database; Benefits of the service for teachers and students of...
- Fitch: Big picture shows little variance among rating agencies. A. P. // Asset Securitization Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p1
The article focuses on a study released by Fitch Ratings that compares its own ratings with those of Moody's Investors Service and Standard and Poor's. The findings indicate that only minute differences separate U.S. structured finance ratings across the credit spectrum. Fitch's ratings were...
- Hospital Debt Junked. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32449, p33
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has downgraded its ratings on the Rhode Island Health and Educational Building Corp.'s Series 1994 bonds issued on behalf of Westerly Hospital to BB from BBB-minus. The agency cited the hospital's inability to meet budgeted goals for...