Revenues for Standard & Poor's Climb by 10% in Second Quarter
- A New Measure of Earnings from an Unexpected Party. Levinsohn, Alan // Strategic Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p63
The article reports that Standard & Poor's (S&P), the credit rating and information services company owned by McGraw Hill, has developed a methodology for a standard operating number. The article explains the S&P "core earnings" number adjusts net income to account for expenses from stock-option...
- Leo O'Neill dies, 64. // Power Economics;May2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p10
Presents a tribute to Leo O'Neill, former president of ratings agency Standard & Poor's Corp., who died of cancer in 2004. Comments on O'Neill by Harold McGraw, chairman of McGraw-Hill, parent company of Standard & Poor's.
- S&P Starts Assigning Management Assessments to GO, Appropriation Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p7
The article reports on the new rating system of Standard & Poor's Corp. for general obligation (GO) and appropriation bonds. The agency's U.S. public finance ratings groups has begun assigning formalized financial management assessments on GO and appropriation debts. Under the new system,...
- S&P Changes Rules For Some NJ Loans. // National Mortgage News;7/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p12
Reports that Standard and Poor's Rating Services has eliminated its published criteria for New Jersey for covered home loans which originated on or after July 6, 2004.
- Ratings relations: in their own words. Ridpath, Barbara // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);11/19/2005, p20
The article reports that it is important for companies to listen to and act on what the credit rating agencies have to say. The correlation between Standard & Poor's ratings and defaults remains consistent. Ratings agencies, contrary to some views, are accountable. Their research and opinions...
- Instructors and students offered direct access to S&P financial data. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the development of an education version of Market Insight database by McGraw-Hill/Irwin and Standard and Poor's. Online information source that provides financial data on United States companies in the S&P Compustat database; Benefits of the service for teachers and students of...
- S&P veteran leaves to join parent as VP. Richtmeyer, Richard // Bond Buyer;02/19/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30334, p27
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) managing director Glenn Goldberg has left to become senior vice president at S&P's parent firm McGraw-Hill Co. Responsibilities; Achievements at S&P; Background.
- A Tough Test. McGarity, Mary // Mortgage Banking;May2008, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p28
The article discusses how rating agencies Fitch Ratings Ltd., Moody's Investors Service Inc., and Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) in New York City evaluate mortgage servicers on their ability to avoid losses in tough environment. It specifically eludidates the methods used by these rating agencies...
- Web Watch. Saint, Oliver // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p71
Features information extracted from the web sites of the international rating companies, Moody's Investors Service; Standard & Poor's; Fitch Ratings. Company history; Number of employees; Ownership.