NEWS IN BRIEF
- Economic News: Manufacturing Rebounds;Is Germany OK With Grexit? ANDREA RIQUIER // Investors Business Daily;2/20/2015, p00
The article offers world news briefs related to business as of February 2015. Financial services company Markit Ltd. has reported an increase of flash factory index by 0.6 point to 54.3. The producer price index of Germany has declined by 0.6% in January. The retail sales of Great Britain has...
- Retail prices -- annual rate of increase falls below 7%. // Accountancy;Jan1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1073, p13
Presents a chart showing a retail price index for consumer goods and services in Great Britain, from 1977 to 1982.
- Return of the financials? Abrams, Colin // Finance Week;1/18/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the shares of South African financial companies in various stock price indexes as of January 2002. Long-term bear market position of the Nasdaq Composite index; Improvements of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange financial index; Buying opportunities presented by the...
- Leveraged Loan Index Lifts Off S&P, LSTA hook up with institutional buyers. Burns, Mairin // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/15/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 38, pN.PAG
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. and Loan Syndication & Trading Association has unveiled a Leverage Loan Index (LLI) to establish performance benchmark for syndicated leveraged loan industry on October 10, 2001. Features of the LLI; Importance of having access to actual payment and loan...
- New Producer Price Indexes for Security Brokers, Dealers, and Investment Banking Companies--SIC 6211. // PPI Detailed Report;Jan2001, p9
Deals with the indexes for financial services industry SIC 6211--Security Brokers, Dealers, and Investment Banking Companies, introduced by the Producer Price Index in the United States. SIC 6211 service lines for which indexes are available; Components of the investment banking services;...
- THE Unstoppable S&P. Simonoff, Evan // Financial Planning;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p128
Discusses the importance of investment performance in relation to Standard & Poor's 500 Stock Index. Importance of showing clients their returns and how they are progressing toward retirement goals; Features of goal-oriented investing; Value of diversification in long-term clients; Effects of...
- PUBLICLY TRADED 'SUBPRIME' RELATED FIRMS. // National Mortgage News;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p30
Presents a chart showing a stock price index for publicly traded 'subprime' related firms in the United States, as of February 22, 2001.
- Methodology and rules. // Fund Strategy;2/15/2010 Adviser Fund Index Supp, Issue 6, p6
The article presents the objective of the Adviser Fund Index (AFI) which is to act as indicator in the funds market in Great Britain.
- Homeloans on the RDR. Jones, Lee // Money Marketing;3/19/2009, p33
The article presents an analysis on the effects of the extension of retail distribution review (RDR) into the mortgage sector in Great Britain. It indicates that Great Britain Financial Service Authority (FSA) will be reviewing the mortgage conduct of business rules in the third quarter of 2009...