Public Finance Group Lobbying For Wide-Ranging Muni Measure
- District of Columbia's Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill Gets Congressional OK. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p5
Reports on the final approval given by the U.S. Congress to the spending bill of the District of Columbia for the fiscal year that began on October 1, 2004. Implications of the spending bill for the District of Columbia; Anticipation for President George W. Bush to sign the spending bill into...
- Historical Sketch of the Budget Bill in Congress. Wallace Collins, Charles // Congressional Digest;Nov22, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p37
Discusses the history of the movement for a national budget system in the United States. First bills for the actual establishment of a national budget system; Introduction in the House of a bill providing for a national budget system; Changes in the Senate rules to conform to the budget system.
- Finding the Passing Lane. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;8/8/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 32, p8
Reports on the passage of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Act-Legacy for Users in the U.S. Congress. Establishment of a commission to monitor finance federal transportation funding after the spending plan expires; Budget allocated for freight projects to enhance the...
- Pork Panderers. Brodsky, Robert // Government Executive;Apr2008, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p9
The article presents information on the bill proposed in the U.S. Congress related to earmark reforms for 2009 spending bills. In July 2008, the U.S. Senate backpedaled on a disclosure law implemented by the House, that would have forced its members to divulge the recipients and locations of...
- Congress Gives Final Approval to HUD and EPA Budget Legislation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p5
Reports on the United States Congress' approval of legislation to provide new spending for housing programs and for water-related state revolving fund programs for the fiscal year that began October 1, 2000. Amount appropriated for the projects; U.S. President Bill Clinton's proposed Section 8...
- Calls For, Against Bringing Earmarks Back To Congress. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;1/24/2013, Vol. 257 Issue 16, p6
The article offers information on the debate of earmarking in the U.S. Congress. It states that the lawmakers are advocating both for and against the practice of directing funding in legislation to specific items and programs legislators support. It mentions that the practice of earmarking,...
- There's Always Room for Pork. Freddoso, David // Human Events;12/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 43, p3
Presents a list of pork barrel projects contained in the U.S. omnibus spending bill passed by the U.S. Congress in December 2003. National Distance Running Hall of Fame in Utica, New York; Canal Museum in Easton, Pennsylvania; Kids Rock free educational program in Corona, California.
- House Continues Spending Bill Work. Baumann, David; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;7/10/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p2182
Presents an update on the status of fiscal 2005 appropriations bills in the U.S. Congress as of July 2004. Total number of bills approved in the Congress.
- Congress pivots to focus on spending bill for fiscal 2013. // Hill;3/4/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the legislation of the U.S. Congress with regards to spending bill for the fiscal year of 2013 after its failure in the deal on sequestration.