Twisting in the Wind?
- FVMA relieved by bill's veto. // DVM: The Newsmagazine of Veterinary Medicine;Aug2005, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1S
Reports on the veto of Governor Jeb Bush on a bill that carried lenient standards on pharmacy dispensing laws in Florida. Approval of the bills in committee without objections from opposition; Reaction of Florida Veterinary Medicine Association on the veto; Meeting of the association with key...
- New Agency Ahead. Sigs, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Florida governor Jeb Bush signed a bill that authorizes the creation of the Southwest Florida Expressway Authority. The new authority won't be officially created until it is approved by Lee and Collier county commissioners. The bill also authorize Chariotte County to...
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- Jeb Bush Vetoes Bill Born in Wake of Water Services Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p36
Reports that Florida Governor Jeb Bush has vetoed a legislative bill that would make any privately owned entity in the state to create a governmental entity in order to buy that company's assets with tax-exempt municipal bonds. Creation of an intergovernmental Florida Water Services Authority...
- Following the Scrip. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p14
Reports that the Florida legislature has denied the approval of a proposed bill by state's Governor Jeb Bush concerning database of controlled drug prescriptions. Criticisms against the proposed bill; Plan of Bush to include the issue as agenda for the special session in May 2003; Information...
- Lights, cameras, litigate. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;06/11/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p58
Reintroduces a legislative bill allowing the use of television cameras and tape recorders in federal court hearings in the United States. Sponsors of the bill; Views of the Judicial Conference on the issue; Plan of legislators to introduce companion legislation.
- FLORIDA: Jeb Bush's Tax Legacy. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p27
The article reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's tax legacy with the official repeal of the state's intangibles tax on stocks, bonds, notes, government leaseholds, and interests in limited partnerships registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Bush pushed for the repeal since he...
- Jeb's jog to the right. Parker, Ray // Advocate;10/1/2002, Issue 873, p14
Focuses on the consequences previous appointments of governor Jeb Bush in voting decision of voters in Florida. Information on two appointments, public office position for politicians Jerry Reiger and John Grant; View of politician Reiger on homosexuality; Manifestation of in support of Bush to...