Toronto sets doc slate
- SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL. // Daily Variety;12/4/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 42, p20
Highlights the Sundance Film Festival in the U.S. Categories of the awards; Titles for the Dramatic Competition; Focus of the documentary film 'Capturing the Friedmans' directed by Andrew Jarecki.
- Imports make inroads into domestic market. Saperstein, Patricia // Daily Variety;12/13/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 50, pA7
Reports the creation of an international documentary component to the World Cinema section of the Sundance Film Festival in the U.S. Interest of Americans on foreign language documentaries; Problems in subtitles; Availability of the Sundance Documentary Fund.
- Six on tap for Berlin fest's Teuton section. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;1/14/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 7/8, p16
Reports on the selection of documentaries for the Perspektive Deutsches Kino of the Berlin International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany. Theme of the films; Schedule on the opening of the event; List of films selected.
- CRAWLING WITH PICS. Punter, Jennie // Daily Variety;3/24/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 57, p5
The article reports on the premiere of documentary films "Babies," by Thomas Balmes and "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage," by Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn at the Hot Docs festival in Toronto, Ontario.
- DOCU FEST DOCKS IN APRIL. Mitchell-Marell, Gabriell // Daily Variety;2/21/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 35, p31
Highlights the fourth annual Full Frame Documentary Festival to be held in Durham, North Carolina on April 10-13, 2003.
- Choose life. Rosen, Rachel // Film Comment;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p56
Enumerates documentary films included in the 1997 Sundance Film Festival. Directors and subjects of `Fast, Cheap & Out of Control'; `Paul Monette: The Brink of Summer's End'; `Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist'; `Girls Like Us'; `Hide and Seek'; `Waco: The Rules of...
- Lisbon's international encounters in documentary cinema. Menashe, Louis // Cineaste;Apr98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p55
Presents information on the International Encounters in Documentary Cinema in Lisbon, Portugal. History of the film festival; Focus of the 8th Festival; Several sidebars of the festival; Films highlighted at the festival.
- Fest fostering human rights. De Jager, Christelle // Daily Variety;4/14/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p12
Offers a preview of the second International Three Continents Documentary Film Festival on September 3-24, 2003, in South Africa.
- Hot Docs open up 'Flesh'. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;4/3/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 64, p14
Reports on the opening of Jonathan Karsh's 'My Flesh and Blood,' at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival. Plot of the film; World premiere of 'The Last Round'.
- What's up, doc? Davies, Nicholas // Xtra (Toronto);4/17/2003, Issue 482, p26
Provides information on several documentary films featured at the 2003 Hot Docs festival in North America. 'Dear Pam'; 'Terminal Bar'; 'Hard Fat.'