Despite Higher Rates, Prepayment Speeds Still Accelerate in July Data
- Even MBS Below 6% Being 'Whipsawed' by Prepay Threat. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the impact of rebounding mortgage rates on 30-year agency mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Decline in the share of outstanding mortgages that are refinanceable; Problems related to lender capacity; Implications on the mortgage lending sector.
- Mortgage-backed securities come to the fore. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb87, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p31
Reports the market demand of mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Benefits of mortgage-backed securities; Prepayment rate of mortgage-backed securities; Selection of mortgage-backed security services.
- Texas fast, Washington slow. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb85, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p108
Reports on the regional differences in prepayment rates in the U.S. Effects of the differences on discount mortgage securities; States with outstanding mortgage pools; U.S. state with the fastest prepayment rate.
- Payment Rate Lags Expectations. // National Mortgage News;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Reports the increase in the prepayment rates for agency mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Rise of speeds of conventional; Average of MBA Refinancing Index.
- Lender downgrades would affect RMBS payments, warns Moody's. // Mortgage Strategy;3/26/2012, p7
The article warns that a number of residential mortgage-backed securities in Great Britain are at risk of losing mortgage payments following a downgrade review of British banks, according to Moody's "Credit Insight" report published in March 2012.
- Euro CMBS repayments dip 2% in May. // Estates Gazette;6/5/2010, Issue 1022, p50
The article presents 2010 data from Fitch Ratings which show a 2% decline in European commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loan payments in May.
- Some High Coupon /loans Are Not Refinancing as Fast as Expected. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the speedy movements of agency mortgage-backed securities in September 2002, but the acceleration was not as fast as expected for 7.5 percent coupons and above, according to the Bear Stearns & Co. Inc.'s Prepayment Commentary. Speeds of conventional 6.0s, 6.5s and 7.0s and 7.5s;...
- February Prepayments Blip Up. Bloomberg News // American Banker;3/8/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 45, p6
Mentions data showing an increase in early repayments on mortgage-backed bonds in February. Factors contributing to a higher prepayment rate; The outlook for a reversal in mortgage rates; Comment of analyst Dale Westhoff in New York.
- Recent Mortgage Cheapening Attracts Interest in MBS. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;5/19/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p17
The article focuses on the impact of the mortgage cheapening in the U.S. in May 2008, which attracted interest from mortgage-backed security (MBS) and has also driven the sharp mortgage sell-off by a better-than-expected retail sales report and increased inflation concerns through import prices....