Despite Higher Rates, Prepayment Speeds Still Accelerate in July Data
- Losing interest. Ray, Devraj // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/6/2014, p49
The article reports that the brokers have loss interests in mortgage market in Great Britain. It highlights the flexibility of the borrowers in making the monthly payments low due to the complexity in income and finances. It also notes the implementation of restricted rules for the interest-only...
- Even MBS Below 6% Being 'Whipsawed' by Prepay Threat. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;May2003, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the impact of rebounding mortgage rates on 30-year agency mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Decline in the share of outstanding mortgages that are refinanceable; Problems related to lender capacity; Implications on the mortgage lending sector.
- Mortgage-backed securities come to the fore. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb87, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p31
Reports the market demand of mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Benefits of mortgage-backed securities; Prepayment rate of mortgage-backed securities; Selection of mortgage-backed security services.
- Euro CMBS repayments dip 2% in May. // Estates Gazette;6/5/2010, Issue 1022, p50
The article presents 2010 data from Fitch Ratings which show a 2% decline in European commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) loan payments in May.
- Payment Rate Lags Expectations. // National Mortgage News;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Reports the increase in the prepayment rates for agency mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Rise of speeds of conventional; Average of MBA Refinancing Index.
- Texas fast, Washington slow. // ABA Banking Journal;Feb85, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p108
Reports on the regional differences in prepayment rates in the U.S. Effects of the differences on discount mortgage securities; States with outstanding mortgage pools; U.S. state with the fastest prepayment rate.
- Lender downgrades would affect RMBS payments, warns Moody's. // Mortgage Strategy;3/26/2012, p7
The article warns that a number of residential mortgage-backed securities in Great Britain are at risk of losing mortgage payments following a downgrade review of British banks, according to Moody's "Credit Insight" report published in March 2012.
- Strong Technicals as MBS Supply Remains Limited. Runyan, Sally Ann // Asset Securitization Report;Aug2010, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p25
The article focuses on the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) market in the U.S. It notes that analysts are expecting a limited MBS supply despite lower mortgage rates that stimulate refinancing activity. They believe that better credit quality borrowers take advantage of the decline in rate...
- Modest declines in speeds expected for October. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;10/24/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p14
Focuses on the modest decline in mortgage-backed securities prepayment speeds in the U.S. in October 2005. Factors that contributed to the decline; Speeds on discounts; Performance of the Mortgage Bankers Association's Refinance Index; Increase in mortgage rates.