- Home furnishings lift retail in November. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p15
Reports the sales performance of home furnishings stores in the U.S. Benefit of the positive shopping gains for store-based and non-store retailers; Decline in the retail sales of apparel; Winners and losers in retail trade.
- Housewares: a market unlike any other. Petty, Colin // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007 Supplement, p3
The article provides an overview of the "Housewares Retail Leaders 2007" magazine that features the top retailers in the houseware sector in Great Britain. It includes financial analysis of each retailer in terms of profits and sales for the past three years. Retail analyst Allegra Strategies...
- Profits warning at John Lewis of Hungerford. // Cabinet Maker;5/14/2004, Issue 5388, p6
Reports on the profits warning issued by kitchen retailer and manufacturer John Lewis of Hungerford after a disappointing financial result in the first half of 2004.
- Pier 1 profits drop 38.4%; sales up 7.3%. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p39
Reports on the financial condition of Texas-based home furnishings retailer Pier 1 Imports Inc. in the first quarter ended May 29, 2004. Net income of the company; Increase in product sales; Concept of the company's advertising campaign.
- Broad-based strength in retail sales. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the retail sales of home improvement products in the U.S. Strength of automobile sales; Contribution of the weather in increasing the sales at clothing and accessories stores; Percentage of gain posted by furniture and home furniture stores.
- TJX raises Guidance, Readies HomeGoods Test. // Home Textiles Today;8/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of apparel and home fashions retailer TJX Cos. Inc. for the quarter ended July 26, 2008. The company reported a profit of $200 million, or 45 cents per share, up 239% from $59 million in the second quarter of 2007. Total sales escalated 7% to $4.6...
- Fun with Numbers. Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;7/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p46
In this article the author discusses the slight increase of sales of the home textile industry in the first half of 2010 wherein almost half of the top 50 home textile retailers became part of the 2010 ranking.
- September surprises. // Cabinet Maker;10/15/99, Issue 5159, p5
Reports on the results of the CBI Distributive Trades Survey, which reveals that house furnishings retailers in Great Britain experienced annual sales volume growth in September 1999.
- Magnet attracts profits. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports on the rise in the operating profits achieved by house furnishings company Magnet during the period ended April 1, 2000.