- HC Ekes Out Sales and Earnings Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p20
Discusses the earnings of publishing company, HarperCollins in the third quarter ended March 31, 2003. Amount of profit; Factor behind the revenue gain of the publisher; Book sales.
- News Brief. // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 31, p14
Presents news briefs concerning publisher and publishing as of August 2005. Increase revenue of the bookstore Indigo Books & Music for the first quarter of 2005; Repackaging of some of the paperbacks of Penguin Group USA in high-end trade paper format; Expansion of the children's...
- Indigo Reports a Bit Less Black Ink. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the increase in sales of Indigo Books & Music for the third quarter of 2003. Decline in net profits; Increase of sales at superstores open at least a year; Decline of sales at small stores open at least a year; Sales of Indigo's online business.
- Margins on the Rise. // Publishers Weekly;8/16/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 33, p5
Describes a graphical representation of the profits posted by publishing company HarperCollins in four years up to the fiscal year ended June 30, 2004. Impact of increase in sales on the company's revenue; Increase in operating income; Operating margin of the company.
- Strong 4th Quarter Fuels Impressive Year at Harper. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the financial performance of publishing firm, HarperCollins for the year 2002. Increase in operating profit for the fourth quarter of 2002; Authors and books that contributed to strong sales in 2002; Information on the company's plan for 2003.
- The New HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 23, p4
The article focuses on publisher HarperCollins (HC) and its transition into digital publishing. It states in July 2012 the company purchased publisher Thomas Nelson, which has helped end HC's decline in revenues, and mentions that HC's EBITDA will finish the fiscal year 2013 well ahead of fiscal...
- Here Comes Zondernelson. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2012, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that HarperCollins Publishers LLC, which has bought Thomas Nelson Inc. is planning keep the Zondervan and Thomas Nelson brands and editorial separate from its newly created Christian publishing division.
- Perennial Increases Revenue with "P.S." Program, Promoting New Fiction Authors. // Book Publishing Report;6/26/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of HarperPerennial in 2006. The company continues to see a boost in backlist sales while it also tries to promote new fiction writers as part of its frontlist. The success of the P.S. program has identified to contribute to the increase in the...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the financial performance of HarperCollins Publishers. Operating profits; Revenues of the different divisions of HarperCollins; Sales growth at superstores and at Amazon.com.