Random House Continues to Lead the Pack
- Random House and Penguin Group Join Forces to Combat Amazon. COLLINS, ALLISON; FLYNN, MARY KATHLEEN // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the merger between book publishing companies Random House Inc. and Penguin Group to compete with Internet book retailer Amazon.com.
- THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE. MILLIOT, JIM; DEAHL, RACHEL // Publishers Weekly;1/21/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses the prospective merger between the trade publishing companies Penguin and Random House in 2013 into the corporation Penguin Random House. Topics include the possible roles of various management, editorial, and sales executives in the global operations of each company and...
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- Publisher Scorecards Year-End 2004: Paperback Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;1/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The article presents information on the performance of various publishers in 2004. Random House Inc. beat out Penguin Group to grab the top slot in the 2004 paperback fiction category, with 36 titles on the list for a total of 172 weeks. Penguin Group posted 33 titles on the list for 168 weeks....
- New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group. // Book Publishing Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the ranking and performance of several book publishers in the "New York Times" bestsellers. Random House Inc. now holds the lead in the hardcover nonfiction category after adding three titles in the list. Second placer Penguin Group has published 10 titles in 31 weeks....