The Blame Game
- Moody's: Bank Inquiries Could Hit Ratings . // American Banker;5/7/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 87, p24
Reports the decline of credit ratings on Merrill Lynch & Co. and other investment banks in New York City. Settlement negotiations of Merrill with New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer; Internal electronic mails about stock; Liquidity profiles of Merrill.
- Goldman Sees Merrill Ax Chopping at Infrastructure . Ring, Niamh // American Banker;12/12/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 237, p20
Reports on financial company Merrill Lynch & Co.'s plans on eliminating infrastructure redundancies for cutting costs. Reorganization of the management of Merrill; Layoffs made by the company; Reduction in retail business of the company in Japan.
- Babcock on song. James, David // BRW;5/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p72
The article reports on Merrill Lynch's claim that Australian investment bank Babcock and Brown is being under-rated by the market. Merrill has estimated that Babcock is trading 28 percent below what it would be worth if it was broken up. The bank's tangible asset backing of $6.52 a share...
- Illinois companies' investment bankers. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/27/99 Top Business Lists 2000, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p73
Lists largest companies' investment bankers in Chicago, Illinois, ranked according to number of banking professionals, as of September 20, 1999. Includes Banc of America Securities LLC; Merrill Lynch and Co. Inc.; ABN AMRO Inc.
- WALL STREET'S HISTORIC REBUKE. Hahn, Avital Louria; Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/5/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p4
Following expected but arguably large penalties announced by government regulators as of May 2003, some question the ultimate utility of the penalties because they will be of such limited value to small investors, who were the victims of the tainted research.Government regulators imposed the...
- MUNICIPAL RANKING. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/6/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 38, p48
Lists investment banks ranked by municipal bond underwriting. Citigroup Inc.; UBS Financial Services; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Land securitisation stirs doubts. Bourke, Chris // Estates Gazette;3/8/2008, Issue 809, p50
The article reports on analysts' warning that the proposed Land Securities demerger faces bigger problems than first projected because of the fragile state of credit markets. Investment bank Merrill Lynch has said the three-way split of the property company is unlikely to occur at all, because...
- Will Holdout States Spoil Merrill Pact With N.Y.? Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/29/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 166, p1
Reports that as many as seven U.S. states are holding out of a $100 million settlement pact with Merrill Lynch & Co. which offered the firm to resolve all state legal problems associated with the probe. Announcement of the settlement by New York Attorney General after the investigation of the...
- Merrill Equity Index Eyes Frontiers. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;3/7/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 46, p7
The author reports on a frontier equity market index which has been released by Merrill Lynch & Co. According to the article, the marketing index will focus on investments in underdeveloped equity markets. The author states that stocks from countries throughout the world are included in the...