Mandatories Get Nod from IRS
- IRS Issues Guidance on Private-Activity Volume Cap. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p4
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued three regulations on June 26, 2003 that provide guidance on procedures governing allocation of the private-activity bond volume cap, assignment of the ceiling to other authorities, and correction of errors in filing forms to carry forward unused...
- The New 403(b): Plan Design in Light of New Regulations Post-1/1/09. Friedman, Aaron // Public Employee Quarterly;Mar2010, p1
The article reports on the significant revisions made by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on its 403 (b) regulations, which would be more like to that of 401 (k) plans.
- Proposed Regulations May Lift Curse Of INDOPCO. DiMuzio, David A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/3/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p41
Comments on the proposed regulation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on INDOPCO. Background on the tax law; Court rulings on previous INDOPCO case; Public hearing scheduled by the IRS on the proposed regulation.
- Washington Hot Links. Boyd, Harlan // National Public Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the IRS Reform and Restructuring Act (RRA) of 1998. Hearings conducted by the United States (US) House of Representatives regarding the oversight function of the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS); Testimony made by IRS Commissioner Charles O. Rossotti on RRA; How RRA has contributed...
- Keep Quiet, Unless... Kahan, Stuart // Practical Accountant;Dec2000, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p64
Focuses on ex parte rules issued by the Internal Revenue Service to protect the independence of the appeals organization in the United States. Highlights of the proposed procedure; Definition of taxpayer participation; Details on prohibitions of ex parte communications between Appeals and IRS...
- House Ways and Means Committee Testimony: Interest and Penalty Provisions of the Internal... // Tax Executive;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p504
Focuses on the interest and penalty provisions of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Elimination of the interest-rate differential; Rate of interest; Abatement of interest; Dispute reserve account; Penalty in lieu of interest.
- Proposed Section 121 Regulations: Modifications Imperative to Achieve Intended Relief. Shankaran, Girish // International Tax Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p78
Discusses the proposed amendments to the regulations under Section 121 of the Internal Revenue Code regarding the exclusion of gain from the sale of a principal residence. Need to clarify the tax provisions; Restoration of the fairness of the former tax provisions; Inadequacies of the regulations.
- Corporate Reorganizations. Kelloway, Lisa // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p35
Discusses rulings released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at the end of 1999. Ruling regarding partnership's disposition of shares of a corporate partner; Position of IRS on certain loss generating transactions; Notice that modifies the effective date of a proposed regulation...
- Treatment of Cash Received in Lieu of Fractional Shares in IRC Section 355 Transactions. Peabody, Brian // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;May2004, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the treatment of cash received in leiu of fractional shares in the Internal Revenue Code Section 355 Transactions of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Provision of guidance as to the receipt of cash in certain tax-free transactions; Aspect of the fractional shares of stock; Provision...