Taking a Second Look at Biotech
- pharmaceuticals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/27/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 21, p8
Presents updates on the pharmaceutical industry as of May 2002. Establishment of Nephrx, a joint venture of Lyne Laboratories and Liberty Pharmaceutical; Filing of a supplemental biologics license application by Ilex Oncology to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Company News. Jaquiss, Ian; Sellers, L.J. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep99, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p171
Presents articles pertaining to pharmaceutical companies in the United States. Definitive merger agreement executed by Teva Pharmaceuticals and Copley Pharmaceutical; Acquisition of Convergence Pharmaceuticals by ILEX Oncology; Retirement of John Urheim as vice chairman and chief executive...
- Biotech stocks: Hard pills to swallow? // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec99, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p51
Focuses on the debate over the issue of investing in biotechnology stocks. Good value of large cap pharmaceutical stocks; Opportunities brought by technological advances in biotechnology, gene therapy and drug discovery; Complications of investing in pharmaceuticals.
- Human Genome Map Will Galvanize Biotech and Pharmaceutical Industries. Wagley, John // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/10/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 28, p24
Presents an overview of the performance of biotechnology and pharmaceutical stocks in the United States during the first six months of 2000. Expected impact of the announcement of the completion of the human genome map; Rise in alliances and mergers between biotechnology and pharmaceutical...
- Stock Movers. // BioWorld Today;2/24/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p2
A list of significant stock changes in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries as February 23, 2011 is presented, including Nasdaq Biotechnology, Antisoma and Tengion Inc.
- Ilex submits application for pediatric acute leukemia treatment. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;December 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the submission of Ilex Oncology Inc.'s new drug application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for clofarabine, a drug for the treatment of acute leukemia. Presentation of the clinical trial of clofarabine; Clinical indications of the drug; Significance of the drug application...
- Genzyme acquires Ilex Oncology in $1bn deal. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the acquisition of Ilex Oncology Inc. by Genzyme Corp. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Significance of the deal for the pharmaceutical biotechnology industry.
- INDUSTRY UPDATE - Key Announcements. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p2
No abstract available.
- Ilex Oncology shareholders approve merger with Genzyme Corporation. // PharmaWatch: Biotechnology;August 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p21
Shareholders in Ilex Oncology Inc. and Genzyme Corp. have voted unanimously to approve the proposed merger of the two companies at a special meeting held in Boston Massachusetts. The closing of the transaction remains subject to receipt of clearance by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Ilex and...