Cerberus Nixes Clayton, But Was It Ever Serious?
- Tenn. Court Delays Buffett-Clayton Deal. // American Banker;8/11/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 153, p20
States that a Tennessee Court blocked Warren Buffett and Berkshire Hathaway Inc. from purchasing Clayton Homes Inc., so the deal can be reviewed.
- Court Ruling Complicates Buffett's Deal for Clayton Homes. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;8/18/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p18
Reports on the impact of a court ruling on the acquisition of Clayton Homes Inc. by Berkshire Hathaway in the U.S. Legal case filed by the Denver Area Meat Cutter and Employers Pension Plan; Stockholder approval of the transaction; Terms of the merger arrangements.
- Suit to Proceed in Clayton Case. // American Banker;8/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 159, p9
Reports on a shareholder lawsuit in Tennessee to keep Warren Buffett from bidding on Clayton Homes Inc. Order of Blount County Circuit Judge Dale Young in Maryville to start the trial concerning fraud allegations brought by Denver Area Meat Cutters and Employers Pension Plan; Issue of proxy...
- Buffett Makes Deal for Tenn. Prefab Lender. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;4/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 64, p20
Reports that Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Warren Buffett's investment company has agreed to buy Clayton Homes Inc. in a cash deal worth $1.7 billion. Rise in the stocks of Clayton after the announcement of the news; Announcement made by Clayton officials that the company would become Berkshire...
- Berkshire Hathaway Buys Clayton Homes. // American Banker;8/8/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 152, p13
States that Berkshire Hathaway Inc. purchased the mobile home builder, Clayton Homes Inc., which is based in Maryville, Tennessee. Amount of mortgages held by Clayton's subsidiary, Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance Inc.
- Cerberus Acquires $5.7B of Mortgages Shunned by Banks. // National Mortgage News;9/14/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that investment firm Cerberus Capital Management has acquired mortgage loans with an unpaid balance in order to increase the purchases, which are tied to homeowners. It mentions that the firm is sidestepping many private equity firms and hedge funds that have increased buying...
- Hedge fund superstars take it on the chin. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p24
The article reports that hedge funds have showed positive returns in the financial services industry in the U.S. Cerberus Capital Management LP has convinced businesspeople to withdraw the 5 U.S. billion dollars for sustenance of Chrysler Corp. and GMAC Inc. investments. Ken Griffin of Citadel...
- SHIFTING INTEREST. Darmiento, Laurence // Orange County Business Journal;8/9/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the decision of Cerberus Capital Management LP to withdraw from Tenet Healthcare Corp. bidding in New York. Annoucement of the sale of other local Tenet properties to another buyer; Negotiation of Tenet with a group of doctors and hospital officials who have been seeking to buy three...
- Cerberus: Are you in or out? // Automotive News;10/15/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6277, p50
The article presents information related to Cerberus Capital Management LP, owner of Chrysler Corp. It is reported that Cerberus is looking at the British luxury brands. As per reports published in September 2007, Cerberus would pass on Ford Motor Co.'s brand sale. Cerberus has been said to be...