Dividend Mania Irks Convert Buyers
- Coupons Boost Convert Market. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/1/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the increase in demand for convertibles during the last quarter of 2003. Factors leading to the increase in convertible demand; Strategy of some companies in issuing coupons; Risks associated with convertible coupons.
- District of Columbia to Convert $284M of MedStar Health ARS. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;5/5/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32871, p8
The article reports on the plan of the Washington, D.C. local government to convert $283.9 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) on behalf of MedStar Health. MedStar Health is scheduled to convert $142.2 million of ARS to fixed-rate debt on May 15, 2008, while the remaining ARS of about $142...
- Greater Bay Raises $200M via Bonds. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;3/19/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 54, p20
Greater Bay Bancorp priced a convertible bond offering Thursday and raised $200 million of proceeds, which it will use in part to buy back shares. The securities were offered at $904.95 per $1,000 of principal amount with a yield of 0.5%. The Palo Alto, California, company had said late...
- Warrants & Convertibles. Devenger, Nancy // Warrants & Convertibles -- Research Starters Business;3/1/2016, p1
This article begins with a brief history and an overview of financial investment vehicles, providing insight from the corporate as well as the investor's perspective. The reader is offered a detailed description of warrant certificates and convertible bonds, underscored with the benefits and...
- NuVasive hopes to gain nearly $350M from offering. // Medical Device Daily;6/24/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 117, p3
The article focuses on the pricing made by NuVasive on the 350 million dollar principal amount of 2.75% convertible notes due 2017 in an underwritten public offering.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;3/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 55, p3
The article reports on the statement of OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc. that it will fully redeem on April 21, 2010 all of its remaining outstanding 3.25% convertible senior subordinated notes due 2023 under the terms of the indenture under which the notes were issued in September 2003.
- The role of convertible bonds in alleviating contracting costs. Krishnaswami, Sudha; Yaman, Devrim // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Nov2008, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p792
Abstract: Theoretical research argues that convertible bonds mitigate the contracting costs of moral hazard, adverse selection, and financial distress. Using firm-specific and macroeconomic factors of the contracting costs, we examine the extent to which they impact the likelihood of issuance...
- Is the Convert party Drawing to a Close? Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p44
Assesses the market for convertible bonds in Europe. Factors contributing to the growth rate in the market; Reason for hedge funds' acquisition of convertible bonds; Comparison between investment grade bonds in the U.S. and Europe.
- Q & A. // DRIP Investor;Jun2007, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to stocks investment. One person asks the best stock that is worth investing in the health sector when considering between Becton Dickinson and Co. and Medtronic Inc. Another questions the trend of the stock market. A reader asks if she is still...