High rate of normospermia found in infertile men
- Infertile men could be at risk for osteopenia. Tennant, Scott // Urology Times;Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that a study conducted by the Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, found that infertile men could be at risk for osteopenia. The study shows that men with disrupted hormonal axes or hypogonadism need to work up for the presence of osteopenia. The study involving 46...
- Sexual dysfunction. // Pulse;12/8/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to erectile dysfunction (ED) including the grading system to know the seriousness of ED, drugs that cause ED, and the impact of diet on ED.
- Examining Male Infertility. Quallich, Susanne // Urologic Nursing;Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p277
The article discusses the examination for male infertility to determine any underlying health conditions that can contribute to difficulties with conception. The semen analysis was indicated to yield a tremendous amount of information to identify the causes of infertility. Several irreversible...
- Gonadotrophin Therapy and ICSI are Successful. // Fertility Weekly;9/24/2007, p4
The article reports on the study on how gonadotrophin therapy and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) promotes fertilization in men with hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (HH). The study aims to identify the role played by human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) and recombinant human FSH (r-hFSH) in...
- Role in Male and Female Infertility. // Fertility Weekly;1/12/2009, p8
The article provides information on the role of luteinizing hormone receptor (LHR) mutation in women and men. According to the study, LHR mutation may cause sexual development disorders in men, including hypogonadism with subnormal sperm production. It may also cause normal development of...
- Transrectal ultrasound in evaluation of male infertility. Apgar, Barbara // American Family Physician;07/01/98, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p238
Presenta a summary of the article `Transrectal United States (US) in Male Infertility: Spectrum of Findings and Role in Patient Care,' by E. Kuligowska and H.M. Felon, in the April 1998 issue of the periodical `Radiology.' Evaluation of the effectiveness of transrectal ultrasound in infertile...
- Infertility. // Urology Times;Jan95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
Reports on findings concerning male infertility. Severe trauma to testicles as possible contributor to infertility; Maturity of sperm as deciding factor in fertility.
- Dealing with male infertility. Krantz, Michael // Cosmopolitan;Jan1996, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p102
Focuses on ways to deal with male infertility. Selection of a specialist in fertility science; Diagnosis of infertility; Correction of several cases of infertility.
- Silent sperm. Wright, Lawrence // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p42
Consults experts on the controversy of increasing male infertility. Study of mutated sperm by Niels E. Skakkebaek of the sperm of Danish men; Detection of a decrease in sperm concentration by a 1974 study by C.M. Kinloch Nelson and Raymond G. Bunge at the University of Iowa; Process of studying...