High rate of normospermia found in infertile men
- Infertile men could be at risk for osteopenia. Tennant, Scott // Urology Times;Aug2007, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that a study conducted by the Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, found that infertile men could be at risk for osteopenia. The study shows that men with disrupted hormonal axes or hypogonadism need to work up for the presence of osteopenia. The study involving 46...
- Sexual dysfunction. // Pulse;12/8/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 37, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to erectile dysfunction (ED) including the grading system to know the seriousness of ED, drugs that cause ED, and the impact of diet on ED.
- Examining Male Infertility. Quallich, Susanne // Urologic Nursing;Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p277
The article discusses the examination for male infertility to determine any underlying health conditions that can contribute to difficulties with conception. The semen analysis was indicated to yield a tremendous amount of information to identify the causes of infertility. Several irreversible...
- Gonadotrophin Therapy and ICSI are Successful. // Fertility Weekly;9/24/2007, p4
The article reports on the study on how gonadotrophin therapy and intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) promotes fertilization in men with hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (HH). The study aims to identify the role played by human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) and recombinant human FSH (r-hFSH) in...
- Infertility. // Urology Times;Jan95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p7
Reports on findings concerning male infertility. Severe trauma to testicles as possible contributor to infertility; Maturity of sperm as deciding factor in fertility.
- Dealing with male infertility. Krantz, Michael // Cosmopolitan;Jan1996, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p102
Focuses on ways to deal with male infertility. Selection of a specialist in fertility science; Diagnosis of infertility; Correction of several cases of infertility.
- Silent sperm. Wright, Lawrence // New Yorker;1/15/96, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p42
Consults experts on the controversy of increasing male infertility. Study of mutated sperm by Niels E. Skakkebaek of the sperm of Danish men; Detection of a decrease in sperm concentration by a 1974 study by C.M. Kinloch Nelson and Raymond G. Bunge at the University of Iowa; Process of studying...
- New techniques for male subfertility. // American Family Physician;9/15/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p1202
Presents an abstract of an article on new techniques for male subfertility published in the March 1995 issue of the `Australian Family Physician.'
- Treatment of Male Infertility. Howards, Stuart S. // New England Journal of Medicine;2/2/95, Vol. 332 Issue 5, p312
Discusses the detection and treatment of male infertility. The percentage of couples that are subfertile; Treatments for failure emission; Retrograde ejaculation; Abnormalities of semen; Infection as a rare cause of male infertility; Vasovasostomy; Immunologic infertility; Assisted-reproduction...