Railroad Pact Spells End of Line For $20 Million Texas Transaction
- Triple-A Gwinnett County, Ga., Readies $63M of Rare GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31473, p4
Focuses on the general obligation refunding deal from Gwinnett County in Atlanta, Georgia. Purpose of the sale; Comments of Becky Harbin, county director of treasury on the sale; Yields anticipated by analysts; Reason for the decline of sales tax collections.
- Hurricane Ivan May Delay $75M Miami-Dade Bond Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p3
Reports on the postponement of the special obligation revenue bonds sale of Miami-Dale County due to Hurricane Ivan in Florida. Evaluation of the bond market for volatility after the hurricane; Use of the bond proceeds to upgrade the fire department radio system; Renovation of the county courthouse.
- Dauphin County, Pa., Refunding $40 Million, With Swaptions in the Pipeline. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p32
Reports on the plans of the local government to refund general obligation notes and bonds in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. Reason for the refunding of notes and bonds; Tranches of the refunding; Credit ratings of the bonds.
- Florida's Miami-Dade and Orange Counties to Sell $356 Million of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p3
Reports on the plan of two largest counties to release a multi-million of fixed-rate paper into the market in separate offerings in Florida. Negotiation between A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. and Miami-Dade County; Sale of public service tax refunding and improvement revenue bonds; Assignment of...
- Voters to Decide on Albuquerque-Bernalillo County Union on Election Day. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p34
Reports on the initiative to merge the governments of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County into a single entity in New Mexico. Establishment of a single urban government; Continuation of the county residents to pay debt service on outstanding county general obligation bonds; Increase of internal...
- Ohio Ports Join With the State for Three-Part Taxable Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p30
Reports on the trading of taxable revenue bonds by the Toledo-Lucas County and Cleveland-Cuyahoga County port authorities in the U.S. Assistance of the state to the expansion plans of the local food manufacturer; Extension of the ports' bond issuance options; Role of the ports in economic...
- Moody's: Ohio Counties Stable, But Steel Dependency Could Hurt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p30
Reports on the stable bond rating for Ohio counties. Maintenance of healthy reserves and manageable debt; Recovery of the state from sluggish performance of the manufacturing sector; Assessment of the tax base.
- Senators make last-ditch effort to revive solid-waste laws. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p5
Focuses on the legislative bills introduced in the United States Congress that would restore flow-control authority to counties that practice it before 1994. Importance to counties in their attempts to restore backing for bonds issued for solid-waste facilities; Political problems facing bill...
- Pima County, Ariz., Readies Two Sales Worth $125 Million. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/8/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32812, p3
The article reports on the competitive sale of $100 million of general obligation (GO) bonds and $25 million of street and highway revenue bonds by Pima County, Arizona on February 5, 2008. Proceeds of the sale will help finance its on-going five-year capital improvement program, including...