Munis Flat in Moderate Trading; $592M of Pa. School Bonds Priced
- Greenspan: Markets Not Showing Weakness. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p2
This article focuses on interest rates of municipal bonds. The decline of yields on long-term interest rates as the Federal Reserve Board increased its funds rate target by 200 basis points, while "clearly without recent precedent," does not necessarily signal a weak economy, Fed chairman Alan...
- Munis Firmer as FOMC Holds Rates Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32592, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for March 2007. In March 21, the municipal market was slightly firmer after the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) held interest rates unchanged, but altered some language in its statement that market participants read...
- New bond issue expected to have 10-year average life. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;3/6/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p2
The article discusses the impacts on the implementation of the government's plan to lend up to $3.5 billion through the general-obligation (GO) issue with an interest rate of 10 percent of 10-year average life in Puerto Rico. It mentions issue on hedge-fund investors and its traditional...
- BACK TO BONDS? Stern, Linda // Newsweek;6/5/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 23, p64
The article presents some financial advice about bond investments. The author covers topics on municipal bonds, floating-rate bonds, diversified bond funds, and when to buy bonds. The author discusses bonds in light of the recent rise in interest rates. A website that discusses bond...
- Taxables' Appeal Closing in on Munis, Thanks to Fed Moves. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that tax-free money market funds may begin losing their edge over taxable funds as the U.S. Federal Reserve Board continues raising its target for the federal funds rate in 2005. but that shouldn't slow their growth, according to market observers. Because many investors do...
- Fed Ahead Keeps Muni Bond Market Quiet. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34402, p1
Municipal bond traders are on Fed watch ahead of Wednesday afternoon's Federal Open Market Committee decision on interest rates.
- Greenspan's Inflation Comments Help Drive Up Munis, Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p2
Reports that municipal bonds rose and Treasuries soared after United States Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan said inflation was not likely to be a serious concern. Greenspan reaffirmed that changes in interest rates are likely to be "measured"; Investors are speculating that...
- Interest rates still historically low, despite recent hikes. Sniezek, Patrick W. // Inside Tucson Business;02/14/2000, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the interest rate situation in the United States, as of February 14, 2000. US Federal Reserve Open Market Committee's decision to increase the federal funds rate; Impact on residential mortgage purchases or refinancings.
- One good turn deserves another. Simons, Howard L. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p38
Focuses on the pattern of the overnight federal funds rate in the U.S. Reserve requirements of the Federal Reserve; Volatility of the federal funds rate's interest rate; Average values of federal funds rate; Calculation of the forward rate ratio.