NEWS IN BRIEF
- Munis Weaken; Underwriters Price $820M NJ. EDA Deal for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31946, p2
Reports that municipal bonds softened while underwriters received $92 million in retail orders on a portion of the $820 million New Jersey Economic Development Authority motor-vehicle surcharge revenue bond issue. Effect of the auction by the Treasury Department of $15 billion of five-year notes...
- Reserve Bank 2001 Annual Reports. // Region (10453369);Sep2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p51
Presents several Reserve Bank 2001 reports. 'Building Communities...Making A Difference'; 'Responding to September 11 and Future Prospects for the New York Regional Economy'; 'Inside the San Francisco Fed.'
- Munis Mixed After Bernanke Speaks. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;1/11/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32793, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on New York Federal Reserve Board chairman Ben S. Bernanke's speech regarding further cuts to the federal funds and another on the revenue financing system bonds sold by Texas A&M University Board of Regents.
- CUs Are Hauling Deposits To Corporates. Bartlett, Michael // Credit Union Journal;7/9/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that natural-person credit unions in the United States have been pouring deposits into corporate credit unions and moving out of overnights and into longer-term investments. According to the author, the credit unions' move is prompted by the belief that the Federal Reserve...
- N.O. military elimination risk growing. Miller, Holly // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/28/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p1
Reports on the benefits of the Federal Open Market Committee meeting for money savers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Impact of increasing the federal funds rate on consumers; Requirement for short-term borrowers; Movement of short-term rates and savings account rates; Effect of the potential rate...
- Plosser: Rates to Rise Before Job Market Heals. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/10/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33313, p2
The article reports on the statement of Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Charles I. Plosser that federal funds target rate will have to go up well before the labor market fully recovers.
- Fed makes second rate cut in eight days. // Furniture/Today;2/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p42
The article reports on the move made by the U.S. Federal Reserve in making a cut in the federal funds rate. The committee hinted that more rate cuts may be in the cards because downside risks to growth remain, and the committee will continue to assess the effects of financial and other...
- 2007: A slow year for Fed watchers? Beckner, Steven K. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Feb2007, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the condition of the monetary policy in the U.S. as of 2007. It is reported that the Federal Reserve's policy-making Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) increased the federal funds rate 17 times by a cumulative 425 basis points through mid-2006 leaving the funds rate at...
- Evans Wants FFR Near Zero Until Jobless Rate Hits 6.5%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/29/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33821, p22
The article informs that according to Charles L. Evans, president of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, rate of federal funds should be kept near zero until unemployment rate is below 6.5 percent.