Tax Rule Blindsides Discount Buyers With Unexpected Costs
- Understanding the basics of bonds. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/27/2003-2/3/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p31
Discusses the technical concept of the basics of bonds in the U.S. Attention of the financial investors to the potential stability of stocks; Payments for the fixed rate of interest; Terminology in the bond market; Maturities of the federal government bonds.
- Good interest income. KLERK, VIC DE // Finweek;7/22/2010, p24
The article discusses that more interest rates can be earned on retail bonds in South Africa. It states that the citizens who invest in RSA retail bonds, are payed the interest rates by the Treasury of South Africa. It is presented that a maximum of 5 million Rand can be invested in bonds by an...
- Bond investors warned not to drop their guard. Fenton-Jones, Mark // BRW;6/26/95, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p96
Gives advice to investors in Australia who are exposed to the bond market. Looking back on past lessons; International bond markets; Movements in bond prices; Interest rates; Bonds through a managed fund; Risks faced by investors.
- Now Is Always the Best Time to Buy Bonds. Athavale, Manoj V.; Zivney, Terry L. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p56
Bonds are part of a diversified market portfolio and should be held to some degree by all investors. But many investors are hesitant to buy bonds when interest rates are low, fearing that when rates rise they will forgo future income or face capital losses. The pure expectations theory states...
- Deals From New Jersey, South Carolina Stand Out in Lean Market. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p6
Provides an update on bond deals in the United States. Interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Sale of debt offerings; Status of the general market; Ways to meet the demands of investors; Value in the secondary market; Opportunities in the market.
- N.Y.C.'s $1 Billion GO Sale the Obvious Star in a Light Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p7
Reports on the selling of a general obligations refunding debt in New York City. Expectations for the growth of interest rates; Importance of the general obligation bonds in managing some investors interest for extra yield; Role of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. as a lead manager on a negotiated...
- AN ANALYTICAL MODEL OF BOND RISK DIFFERENTIALS. Bierman Jr., Harold; Hass, Jerome E. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec75, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p757
The article focuses on a model that evaluates the risk associated with bond default, particularly how the risk-adjusted equilibrium interest rate is determined and what factors can impact change. A hypothetical situation is presented in which the probability distribution of pre-tax interest...
- Latin Local Debt: Diverging Performances. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/28/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p11
The article offers an outlook for the Latin American financial market for 2008. The yield on the Colombian tax-exempt securities (TES) bond has increased 10.8%. It expects that a strong rally in rates is doubtful because of the persistence of market volatility. It also says the Banco de la...
- Bonds Prove 'Bullet Proof' In Q1. M. S. // Leveraged Finance News;4/8/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p1
The article discusses how high yield for the first quarter has been bullet-proof as high yield bonds lose some of its attractions in the first quarter with investors concerned about an eventual rise in interest rates. High yield bonds accounted for 29% of global leveraged volume almost on par...