SUMMARY OF THE 1963 KING-ANDERSON BILL
- How Medicare Beneficiaries Pay for Prescription Drugs. Stuart, Bruce // Generations;Winter2000/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p62
Examines how aged Medicare beneficiaries pay for prescription drugs. Prescription coverage rate for the elderly; Drug benefit programs available to the elderly; Who will qualify for the prescription drug coverage.
- are you of good report? Slade, Shelley R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p48
Looks into Medicare credit balance reports in the U.S. Identification of the key factor in applying the use of triple damages as remedy in the matter; Discussion of the reverse false claims provision; Recommendation made for healthcare providers must focus their compliance efforts on the...
- Almost 65? What you need to know about Medicare. McKee, Kathleen // Medical Economics;3/4/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p81
Provides information about Medicare of interest to physicians. Difference between Medicare Part A and Part B; Enrollment in Medicare; Considerations in choosing the Medicare option best suited for each physician; Different types pf Medigap plans.
- IN BRIEF. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p10
Reports on medical developments in the U.S. as of November 2004. Plan of CMS to conduct large-scale programs under the Voluntary Chronic Care Improvement Program mandated by the MMA; Release of separate audit reports on three hospitals by OIG that did not comply with Medicare law, regulations,...
- GAO Concludes Scully Broke Appropriations Law. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p12
Reports that former CMS administrator Tom Scully should pay back the government salary he received after he prohibited chief actuary Richard Foster from giving cost estimates of Medicare prescription drugs to legislators. Discovery of the illegality of federal employees to prohibit or prevent...
- Medicare Coverage of Colonoscopy Has Not Reduced Disparities in Cancer Screening Among the Elderly: Study. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2006, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p20
The article focuses on a study of the effect of Medicare reimbursement on the rate and disparity of colorectal cancer screening among the elderly in the U.S. Although Medicare coverage has alleviated the screening disparity between non-Hispanic whites and blacks, researchers found that the gap...
- Medicare Rx Redux. Pesmen, Curtis // Money;Dec2006, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p56
The article discusses changes in seniors' prescription drug plan coverage for 2007. The number of available plans has risen to more than 50. Many plans have lowered or eliminated deductibles and co-pays on generic drugs. Premiums have leveled off. Consumers are advised to review plans' covered...
- Health insurance and the elderly: Data from MCBS. Chulis, George S.; Eppig, Franklin J. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring93, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p163
Shows the supplemental insurance distribution and Medicare spending per capita by insurance status for elderly persons in 1991. Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey; Sociodemographic characteristics and supplemental insurance coverage.
- Long-Term Care Program for Dual Eligible Seniors. Parker, Pamela // Policy & Practice (19426828);Jun2007, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the Minnesota Senior Health Options (MSHO) demonstration program that offers a state-sponsored long-term medical care for dual eligible seniors in Minnesota. It explores the benefits and advantages of the program, which was launched in 1995 and will be ended in December...