SUMMARY OF THE 1963 KING-ANDERSON BILL
- How Medicare Beneficiaries Pay for Prescription Drugs. Stuart, Bruce // Generations;Winter2000/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p62
Examines how aged Medicare beneficiaries pay for prescription drugs. Prescription coverage rate for the elderly; Drug benefit programs available to the elderly; Who will qualify for the prescription drug coverage.
- are you of good report? Slade, Shelley R. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p48
Looks into Medicare credit balance reports in the U.S. Identification of the key factor in applying the use of triple damages as remedy in the matter; Discussion of the reverse false claims provision; Recommendation made for healthcare providers must focus their compliance efforts on the...
- Medicare: Guide to Critical Analysis. // Points of View: Medicare;2013, p4
The article offers a critical guide to the controversial issue of Medicare. The article discusses criteria in understanding the issue, such as distinguishing between fact and opinion and recognizing point and counterpoint arguments. Also presented are exercises that help the reader further...
- Debunking the myths of Medicare HMOs. Garvy, Lisa // Managed Healthcare;Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p26
Evaluates the satisfaction of senior citizens to services rendered by Medicare health maintenance organizations (HMO) in the United States. Types of health insurance; Areas of insurance benefit plans analyzed to gauge member satisfaction; Evidences which debunk the myth that chronically ill...
- Medicare drug benefit to help seniors, but chronically ill to pay more. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/13/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the implementation of Medicare's prescription drug benefit program for beneficiaries in the U.S. Failure of senior citizens to take prescriptions as directed when they become too costly; Amount of money they spend on medications; Views of people regarding the matter.
- Almost 65? What you need to know about Medicare. McKee, Kathleen // Medical Economics;3/4/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p81
Provides information about Medicare of interest to physicians. Difference between Medicare Part A and Part B; Enrollment in Medicare; Considerations in choosing the Medicare option best suited for each physician; Different types pf Medigap plans.
- A Shot in the Arm for Competition. // njbiz;11/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p10
The article criticizes the implementation of the eligibility of older people in New Jersey to sign up for the Medicare prescription drug benefit effective in January 2006. Residents can choose from plans that offer premiums and coverage options. According to the Kaiser Family Foundation and the...
- IN BRIEF. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p10
Reports on medical developments in the U.S. as of November 2004. Plan of CMS to conduct large-scale programs under the Voluntary Chronic Care Improvement Program mandated by the MMA; Release of separate audit reports on three hospitals by OIG that did not comply with Medicare law, regulations,...
- GAO Concludes Scully Broke Appropriations Law. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2004, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p12
Reports that former CMS administrator Tom Scully should pay back the government salary he received after he prohibited chief actuary Richard Foster from giving cost estimates of Medicare prescription drugs to legislators. Discovery of the illegality of federal employees to prohibit or prevent...