- Reader's Digest To Cut Spots In Children's Publishing Division. // Book Publishing Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p3
Reports on management changes initiated by publishing house Reader's Digest. Reorganization of top-level management positions; Plan to cut jobs in the company's children's publishing division; Appointment of Harold Clarke as vice president and publisher; Rumors about the company's strategic...
- RDA's Rx: Tap The Brand. Masterton, John // MediaWeek;03/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p6
Announces the plan of Reader's Digest Association (RDA) to expand into several businesses. Target earnings by 2004; Remarks from RDA chairman/chief executive officer Tom Ryder; Platform for targeted selling of products through the mail.
- RD revises bonus plan, rejects new board nominations. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Reports on results of `Reader's Digest's' (RD) disappointing financial performance. Cash bonuses suspended for some executives; Cancelling of some previously granted stock incentives: Rejected request by Corporate Value Partners to nominate Frank Macchiarola and William Mayer, to RD's board of...
- New Digest series aims to simplify. Donahue, Dick // Publishers Weekly;12/8/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 50, p12
Discusses the launching of a `Reader's Digest' adult trade imprint to be called `Simpler Life.' Details of style and content, titles and future releases; Description of marketing strategies and promotional campaign.
- Major changes in RD structure. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the redesign of the corporate structure and personnel changes of `Reader's Digest' (RD). RDs organization into four business groups, Global Books and Home Entertainment Group, the U.S. Magazine Publishing Group, the International Magazine Publishing Group and QSP Inc.; The broadening...
- Results fall at Reader's Digest. // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Reader's Digest has reported another quarter of declining results for the second period ended December 31, 1997. Revenues for the entire company falling; Decline in the book unit partially due to the strength of the dollar; Comments from chairman George Grune.
- RD growth plan to broaden line. Milliott, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/8/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p11
Reports on Reader's Digest Inc.'s growth strategy which includes expansion into nonpublishing activities. Markets targeted by the company; Revenue goals of the firm; Plans of the company in boosting its magazine and book publishing activities.
- RD slashes trade title output. // Publishers Weekly;3/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 9, p16
Reports on Reader's Digest restructure of its trade editorial department. The unit's list cuts; The department's absorption by the United States General Books group.
- Better Finish to Tough Year at Reader's Digest. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p11
Reports on the financial results of Reader's Digest and its North American Books and Home Entertainment (BHE) division in the fiscal 2002. Improvement in operating results; Decline in the BHE group; Prediction for the BHE and Books Are Fun units.