New Houghton Mifflin CEO Focused on Education
- Houghton Mifflin To Release Updated Dictionary in Print, Electronic Versions. // Electronic Education Report;06/21/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p7
Highlights the plan of Houghton Mifflin Co. to release print and electronic versions of the fourth edition of its 'American Heritage Dictionary' in September 2000.
- After Negotiating Terms of Departure, Anthony Lucki Leaves Harcourt to Head Houghton Mifflin. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p1
Announces the appointment of Anthony Lucki as chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin in the U.S. Career background; Goal for the firm; Rank of the company in the education and trade publishing market.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in Three-Year Extendable Contract. // Book Publishing Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p5
Reports on the signing of extendable three-year contract with Houghton Mifflin Co. by Anthony Lucki in the U.S. Selection of Lucki as president and chief executive of the company; Effectivity of the appointment; Employment agreement.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in Three-Year Contract. // Educational Marketer;10/6/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
Reports on the appointment of Anthony Lucki as president and chief executive officer of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts. Eligibility of Lucki for annual bonuses; Worth of starting bonus received by Lucki; Career history of Lucki.
- Dictionary companies battle to define market share. Miller, Cyndee // Marketing News;11/22/93, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p2
Reports on the marketing campaigns for `Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary' and `The American Heritage College Dictionary.' Proscriptive method; Descriptive method; Appeals to the college crowd.
- Lucki Signs on with Houghton Mifflin in 3-Year Extendable Contract. // Electronic Education Report;10/10/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p7
No abstract available.
- Houghton Won't Repeat Stellar 6-Month Performance for Full Year. // Educational Marketer;8/11/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the stellar performance of Houghton Mifflin Co., an educational material industry in the U.S. Increase on the second quarter sales for educational materials; Details on the marketing strategy of the firm on educational materials; Revenue of the company.
- HM Licenses an E-dictionary. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p18
Reports on the September 2000 release of the fourth edition of the book `American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language,' in print and electronic editions from Houghton Mifflin. Developments made to the dictionary; Features of the CD-ROM edition; Details of the dictionary's embedded lookup.
- My Word. Rosen, R. D. // New Republic;8/22/81, Vol. 185 Issue 8/9, p14
Presents a narrative of the author regarding his views on the English language. Discussion on the working of the Dictionary Division of Houghton Mifflin Co. in Boston, Massachusetts; Comment that the word "psychobabble" has not yet been granted full citizenship in the English language, but it...