Florida's Continuing Growth Piques S&P's Interest
- Growing Hamilton County, Ind., Nets S&P Upgrade to AA-Plus. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32774, p4
The article reports on an upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. to Hamilton County for showing the highest economic growth and income rates in Indiana. The rating agency upgraded the country's general obligation credit to one notch below AAA. The county benefits from a 3.2% unemployment rate...
- S&P: Texas to Stay Strong. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/29/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32621, p1
The article reports on the issues that a housing crisis will weaken the economy of Texas in 2008, but not enough to affect the state's AA credit rating, as showed in a report released by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to the report, the rating agency affirmed the rating and maintained a...
- S&P Makes Changes to Evaluation. // National Mortgage News;5/27/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p8
Reports the enhancement of the servicer evaluation program of Standard & Poor's in New York. Introduction of the Servicer Evaluation Assessment Module; Development of internal database to perform a quantitative evaluation; Incorporation of peer group comparisons and statistical benchmarking.
- S&P Changes Servicer Test With New Module. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p6
Reports the enhancement of the servicer evaluation program by Standard & Poor's (S&P) rating agency in New York. Introduction of Servicer Evaluation Assessment Module (SEAM); Functions of SEAM; Campaign of S&P for the program.
- VENEZUELA. // Caribbean Update;Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p21
The article reports on the move by the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 19, 2011 to reduce its long-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings of Venezuela to B+ from BB-.
- Ratings will ease access to funding. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/1/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p7
The article presents a commentary questioning the sovereign rating given to Ras al-Khaimah in United Arab Emirates by Standard & Poor's and Fitch. It asserts that it is odd that Ras al-Khaimah should receive a sovereign rating since it is not even a sovereign state. Nonetheless, it notes that...
- Moody's Assigns N.J. Baal Rating For Motor-Vehicle Revenue Bonds. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31942, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned a rating of Baa1 to the motor-vehicle surcharge revenue bond deal of New Jersey Economic Development Authority. Reasons why Moody's rated the bond several notches below most of the state's appropriation-backed deal; Rating given by...
- S&P Drops Louisville, Ky.'s KFC Yum! Arena Bond Ratings to BB. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/31/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34036, p1
The article informs that the credit-rating agency Standard & Poor's Rating Services has dropped Louisville, Kentucky's KFC Yum! Center sport arena's underlying rating bonds to junk-level BB from investment-grade BBB-minus. It mentions that the two-notch downgrade affects about 399 million U.S....
- S & P Downgrades Maine GOs to AA. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p4
Reports on the negative ratings issued by the United States-based financial rating firm, Standard & Poor's Corp., on the general obligation bond of Maine. State's weak liquidity position; Plan of the state to sell annual general obligation bond; Anticipation for the Fitch Ratings decision on the...