That Spells Relief
- Fresno council eyes changes to local preference bidding. Keller, Ben // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/2/2011, p4
No abstract available.
- Indiana city rejects amendments. // Windy City Times;9/9/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
This article reports on the rejection by the city council of Goshen, Indiana of an amendment to its civil-rights ordinance that aims to add sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Council finalizes advisory board updates. HOLDER, CASEY // Graham Leader;5/28/2014, Vol. 138 Issue 82, p2
The article reports that the city council of Graham, Texas has approved the city ordinance 1019 and the final agreement to purchase the American Legion Building.
- L.A. Gay Rights Law Looks Sure to Pass. // Advocate;6/28/79, Issue 270, p11
Reports on the approval of a nondiscrimination ordinance protecting gay people at a preliminary reading before Los Angeles City Council, California on April 10, 1979.
- Fowl play. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;1/18/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pA3
The article reports that the City Council of Creve Couer, Missouri approved an ordinance law on January 9, 2012 allowing backyard chicken to be kept in the city.
- Bowie Bans the Bottle. // Time;8/24/1970, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p43
The article reports that the city council of Bowie, Maryland has enacted an ordinance for banning the sale of nonreturnable and nondisposable containers within the city.
- Right tool required to dig in O'Fallon parks. Flinchpaugh, Brian // Wentzville Journal;4/17/2013, Vol. 51 Issue 16, pA4
The article reports on a meeting of the O'Fallon City Council in Missouri on April 11, 2013 to vote on the requirement for leashes on dogs, use of metal detectors and acceptable digging tool in the parks.
- Editorial. // Breckenridge American;12/13/2008, p2
The author reflects on the smoke ban to be implemented in certain establishments in Dallas, Texas. He argues that the proposal of the Dallas city council pushes for the rights of everyone but overlooks important facts such as the dangers of smoking were less known in previous times. The author...
- L.A. Council Expected To OK Predatory Measure. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;12/4/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 231, p2
Focuses on the probability of Los Angeles City Council's approval for an anti-predatory ordinance. Provisions of the ordinance; Lenders to be affected by the ordinance; Support for the ordinance.