Ballot Battle Brewing
- School bureaucracy is under the gun. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;1/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's endorsement of a series of school measures ranging from reorganizing the state education office to creating character education programs.
- Arkansas Consolidation Bill to Become Law. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/28/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31809, p2
Reports on the plan Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee to allow a bill concerning consolidation of school districts to become law in the U.S. Indication of the efforts of the General Assembly to meet the court's demand for a new school funding policy; Order of the court to lawmakers in 2002; Major...
- The Consolidation Divide. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Discusses the implications of the consolidation plan of Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee for the state's public schools. Details of the consolidation plan; Verbal abuse experienced by former Arkansas Governor Jim Guy from the public when he proposed a similar plan for the public schools;...
- Arkansas Governor Pushes for School Funding Consensus. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32347, p3
The article reports that Governor Mike Huckabee has granted lawmakers to reach a consensus on new laws to finance public education in Arkansas. According to the report, the state has been under order by the state's Supreme Court to provide more money into K-12 public education. The state has...
- CAMPAIGN STOP: ISRAEL. Lederman, Josh // Hill;2/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p34
The article presents information on the former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's tour of Israel.
- School Consolidation, Funding Still Looms Large. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p26
Introduces the first school consolidation proposal by Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee. Mechanism of raising money for education spending; Finance for public schools; Terms of the exemption.
- Raise Taxes, Cut Benefits Or Do The Right Thing. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);01/18/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on a tax fund created by Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Reason for the creation of the fund; Aim of the funding.
- Arkansas Governor Joins School-Consolidation Debate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p28
Reports on the plan of Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee for school district consolidation as other lawmakers pushed consolidation measures of their own. Features of his plan for school districts; Consolidation of school districts according to his plan; Other plans by lawmakers in the state.
- Governing with reason. Penchoff, Jack // State Government News;Aug2003, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p9
Features Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Career background; Political issues faced by Huckabee; His views on issues on government budget.