Utah Gov. Leavitt Named to Replace Whitman as EPA Chief
- Bush nominates Leavitt to EPA. // Tire Business;8/18/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
U.S. President George W. Bush has nominated Mike Leavitt to replace Christie Whitman as administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Leavitt, in his third term as Utah governor, is known for his low-key style and his advocacy of increasing state and local authority to set...
- Remarks Announcing the Nomination of Governor Michael O. Leavitt To Be Environmental Protection Agency Administrator in Aurora, Colorado. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/18/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p1047
Presents the remarks by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 11, 2003, announcing the nomination of Governor Michael O. Leavitt to be Environmental Protection Agency administrator in Aurora, Colorado. Views on foreign policy; Plan of the U.S. government for Liberia; Issues on environmental...
- EPA 500-day plan should answer questions. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;1/5/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p12
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) enters 2004 with a new administrator, and environmentalists and the business community alike say they aren't certain what to expect from the agency in the coming year. Michael Leavitt, the former Utah governor who was sworn in as EPA administrator...
- Mike Leavitt Nominated EPA Administrator. // Pollution Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p13
Reports that U.S. President George W. Bush is nominating Utah Governor Mike Leavitt as the new nominees to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Services of Leavitt in environmental matters; Philosophy of more decision power by local and state authorities and less by federal government;...
- Bush nominates Leavitt for top Health post. // Drug Store News;1/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the nomination of former Utah Governor Michael Leavitt to be Secretary of Health and Human Services by President George W. Bush in the U.S. Career history of Leavitt; Implementation of the Medicare prescription drug program in 2006; Appreciation of Leavitt's management skills.
- Leavitt Nomination Clears Committee. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/20/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the nomination of Governor Michael Leavitt by President George W. Bush to head the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Governors Feel the Heat On Health IT. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p62
The article reports on a directive of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the use of information technology (IT) among health providers in the U.S. Michael Levitt, secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services, supports the directive by lobbying governors to abide by...
- Bush appoints Leavitt as HHS secretary. McGuire, Stephen // Medical Marketing & Media;Jan2005, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that the U.S. President George W. Bush has nominated Mike Leavitt to replace the outgoing Tommy Thompson as secretary of Health and Human Services. Bush said Leavitt, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency and a former three-term governor of Utah, was an ideal...
- Mike Leavitt named to EPA post. // Southeast Farm Press;11/19/2003, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p19
Reports on the appointment of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt as administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2003. Views of President George W. Bush on the appointment of Leavitt; Comment from acting EPA Administrator Marianne Horinko.