Yields Rise More Than 5 Basic Points, Treasuries Fall in Slow Summer Session
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, October 30. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p2
Presents data concerning the United States municipal bond market and economy as of October 30, 2000. Major deals; Economic indicators; Municipal bond index; Government securities prices.
- Crossover muni buyers find value as the stock market falls. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p8
Reports on the increase in crossover buyers of municipal bonds in the United States. Economic trends and factors affecting the market; Comments of economic analysts on the shift in buying pattern.
- Broad Bond Rally Buoys Municipals; N.Y.C. TFA Sells $56 Million to Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;04/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30867, p2
Reports economic developments in the United States as of April 2000. Amount of gains earned by the bond market; Offer of tax secures bonds for retail investors by the New York City Transitional Finance Authority; Popularity of current coupons.
- Municipal Prices End Unchanged; Market Awaits Week's New Issues. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;04/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31109, p2
Reports on the highlights of the United States bond market on April 2, 2001. Municipal bond prices; Negotiated and competitive bond offerings; Major deals; Economic data.
- Market snapshot: Monday, April 1. // Bond Buyer;04/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30612, p2
Presents charts on the municipal bond market and economic forecasts in the United States as of April 1, 1999. Major deals; Economic indicators; Government securities prices.
- Economists See Rising Rates, Fewer Bonds in 2005. Newman, Emily // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Presents an outlook for the municipal bond market in the U.S. in 2005. Factors which contributed to the improvement of the U.S. economy in 2004; Shift in the Treasury yield curve; Influence of money issuance on the market.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, April 13. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p2
Presents data concerning the U.S. economy and bond market as of April 13, 2005. Economic indicators; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Experts Warn Market Participants of Rising Interest Rates. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p7
Although the U.S. economy is recovering, there is danger ahead for some municipal bond market participants from interest rates that are slated to rise about a year from now, a pension firm executive told attendees yesterday during a panel discussion at the Government Finance Officers...
- Rising Rates Hammer Muni Primary Volume. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;7/1/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33937, p1
The article focuses on the data released by the information service company Thomson Reuters Corp. that shows the long-term municipal bond volume has decreased by 46.5 percent to 23.2 billion U.S. dollars in 932 issues in the year 2013. According to municipal bond analyst George Friedlander,...